Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by salimyasin10)
Could I take your job?
Well, it's available: https://tsrmatters.com/about-us/curr...php-developer/

(Original post by P1yu5h_007)
What Course did you do and how come you ended up moving into the games industry? If you don't mind me asking...
I did a Mathematics degree, but I did all sorts of computing stuff on the side while I was at uni, and generally there are more jobs around writing code than there is for writing equations (plus my degree result was kinda meh).

While going for a games-related company is kinda cool, it wasn't the main reason I chose it. Mainly it's to get some experience working with different technologies, and to work on a different kind of product/business model. Hopefully it ends up being a good fit for what I can do.
Glaz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good luck in the future buddy! :jumphug:
P1yu5h_007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dez)
Well, it's available: https://tsrmatters.com/about-us/curr...php-developer/

I did a Mathematics degree, but I did all sorts of computing stuff on the side while I was at uni, and generally there are more jobs around writing code than there is for writing equations (plus my degree result was kinda meh).

While going for a games-related company is kinda cool, it wasn't the main reason I chose it. Mainly it's to get some experience working with different technologies, and to work on a different kind of product/business model. Hopefully it ends up being a good fit for what I can do.
I was just curious due to the fact that it is an industry that I have a deep interest in, to the extent that I wish to do some game development of my own in the future. But that is an understandable and legit reason as well and you should fit in with the skills you have now.
Steve82
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you going to give your old TSR pals some free game download codes now you're a big shot gaming industry hotshot?
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Steve82)
Are you going to give your old TSR pals some free game download codes now you're a big shot gaming industry hotshot?
I hope so 2 :P
chrispie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could you give us a head up when the easter egg will hit, the suspense is killing me. I hope it's the running santa with your head on it.
chrispie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Damn just found a bug
Attached files
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Please let that be true haha
(Original post by chrispie)
Could you give us a head up when the easter egg will hit, the suspense is killing me. I hope it's the running santa with your head on it.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Evil Homer test
Monkey Monkeyson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Trolololololol!
(Original post by chrispie)
Damn just found a bug
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.28%
The paper was reasonable (1133)
54.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (453)
21.91%
It was TERRIBLE (166)
8.03%

Watched Threads