The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Biology 2B-7th June 2019

Post your thoughts ....the countdown to the end of biology igcse edexcel begins.....how has everybody revised for this during this half term?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kate23456712
Post your thoughts ....the countdown to the end of biology igcse edexcel begins.....how has everybody revised for this during this half term?

I'm focusing mostly on label the diagram and each part's function, since those are the hardest to memorize. As well as all the new things in the syllabus, such as protein synthesis and micropropagation.
Ive revised the nitrogen and carbon cycles as they didnt come up in the first paper. I think it will be likely if one of those comes up in paper 2
i was out this entire holiday havnt read for anything at all

Spoiler

i think there will be stem cells and calculating the energy in food
Wassup guys I just came back from the exam. I can’t seem to find a proper thread so this will do. I took edexcel igcse biology paper 2. I’m not sure what triple is but I don’t think I took that. I didn’t like the passage for the first question. The questions were confusing and so was the passage on the coral stuff. For the probability of the bird offspring did y’all get 1/16? For the first percentage was it 70.5 and the second one 20.5? And was the ratio 20:1?
I got 70.5% and 50%-probability one.....I'm not sure now....praying for low grade boundaries.....paper 1 was suck. .......what du you all out for the last question and the fsh and lh label.
Ok then.
Original post by samsttter
no u dumbass the percentage was 0.625/2.1 and it was like 30 something and the second was correct and WTF are u on 1/16 its 50% u dumbass
But just an afterthought. The probability of one of the offspring being a female is 50 percent. The bird had 4 offsprings. So the probability of all four being a female would be 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2. But who knows.
no u dumbass you multiply 0.5 * 4. probability
no u dumbass the percentage was 0.625/2.1 and it was like 30 something and the second was correct and WTF are u on 1/16 its 50% u dumbass
What did people get for the last question about animal tissues and plant tissues? And also what did people get for the measuring percentage question for the coral reef?
I’m not sure about the last question. I think the last part had soemthinf to do with the fact that cells in tissues are already specialized and so will not be able to divide further by mitosis, so cannot grow into an entire individual being. Also each cell is for a particular function only in an animal, so suppose making an write individual out of only cells from example the stomach wouldn’t be probable. I don’t remember the order of the labeling of the menstrual cycle hormones. Don’t tryst my memory on the menstrual cycle labeling, but I think I labeled it as Q, R, P, S in that order. I don’t remember clearly though.
Original post by Kate23456712
I got 70.5% and 50%-probability one.....I'm not sure now....praying for low grade boundaries.....paper 1 was suck. .......what du you all out for the last question and the fsh and lh label.
Reply 12
There were again some evaluating qs like those in p1 not sure
Reply 13
Sorry, that would give the probability of one child being female
Reply 14
I got 1:400 ratio
I got 20:1
Original post by Roynull
I got 1:400 ratio
Reply 16
The male bird was ZZ or ZW??
ZZ
Original post by Roynull
The male bird was ZZ or ZW??
It was 1/16 he was right. Calm your tits. The probability is (0.5)^4. If you had a basic knowledge of maths you would understand

This is exactly what I got:frown:for probability of four girls) 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 1/16first percentage was (initial mass - final mass)/ initial mass, and then multiply by 100 second percentage was 70.5 minus 50% so yes, 20.5 the ratio was 48000/ 2400 so 1:20

Quick Reply