The Student Room Group

my little brother is too loud

hi,
I need help asap, basically in the holidays my little brother is allowed on the playstation and not on normal school days which is fine but, I need to revise in the holidays for upcoming tests etc, and he has got headphones but he just shouts and screams his lungs off when he plays with his friends and I can't concentrate, I also can't sit anywhere else because I am moving soon and the whole house is full of boxes and stuff and I don't feel comfortable sitting there neither do I like to study in my room so I study in the living room.I have told my parents this but they can't really do anything about it I am devastated and have put off to study for the past 3 days because lots of things have been going on in my life and because I don't need to hear a stupid little brother in my ear (literally).
Understandable.

Pop down to your local library to revise. Meet up with friends at their house or whatever because I can see it is a problem and has caused you to not do anything for three days. :smile:
Original post by Granolakiddo
hi,
I need help asap, basically in the holidays my little brother is allowed on the playstation and not on normal school days which is fine but, I need to revise in the holidays for upcoming tests etc, and he has got headphones but he just shouts and screams his lungs off when he plays with his friends and I can't concentrate, I also can't sit anywhere else because I am moving soon and the whole house is full of boxes and stuff and I don't feel comfortable sitting there neither do I like to study in my room so I study in the living room.I have told my parents this but they can't really do anything about it I am devastated and have put off to study for the past 3 days because lots of things have been going on in my life and because I don't need to hear a stupid little brother in my ear (literally).
my brother is the exact same!! easy solution - tell him to shut up or you're switching the wifi off and hiding it! Or like Hajra said, sit in your local library, go to a friend's house, go to a family members house - you could sit outside too in the garden - it really focuses me to do it and if you have room in your garden it might help you too! Also, speak to your parents again about it and say it's seriously affecting you and it's really inconsiderate of your brother to be so loud - if they don't understand record your brother and show it to them and they'll get it - I know my parents are sick of the way my brother acts on his Xbox and have banned him off it tons.
If worst comes to worst then just "accidentally" break his headset :smile:
hi,
Thank you so much because, I still have 2 weeks until my test and I really need the time to study also about the "accidental breaking of the headset" it is so annoying my little brother broke around 6 of them already so I also think he needs to control his anger issues I will certainly record him to that will probably help thank you again:smile::wink::smile:
Do you have a 'summer house' at the bottom of your garden you could use to study in?
I have the similar situation with my sibling. I have given up revising at home so I just go to the local library. Libraries are always quiet and not many people go to the library so it should be a great place to do some quality revision.
Only white and privileged people have that
Original post by Unexpectedly
Do you have a 'summer house' at the bottom of your garden you could use to study in?
Original post by Greywolftwo
Only white and privileged people have that

Any evidence to back that up? :hmmm:
Just blurting out cultural appropriation don't worry, I am not racist or anything but having a summer house is quite a posh thing to have
Original post by Unexpectedly
Any evidence to back that up? :hmmm:
do you just go in there or do you have to have a membership
Original post by sieccles
I have the similar situation with my sibling. I have given up revising at home so I just go to the local library. Libraries are always quiet and not many people go to the library so it should be a great place to do some quality revision.
Original post by Greywolftwo
Just blurting out cultural appropriation don't worry, I am not racist or anything but having a summer house is quite a posh thing to have

Fair enough then. :h:
Most libraries you just walk in...
hope that helps! 😂
do you just go in there or do you have to have a membership

Quick Reply

Latest