PS4 or XBOX - which to take to uni? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I’m in a bit of a pickle here about which console I should take to uni. I can’t take both as I have to get to uni by train so only one will fit in the suitcase I’m taking.

Most of my friends as of right now are on Xbox but I rarely talk to them on it, maybe once a week at most. PS4 is my preferred console but I don’t know many people who have it.

What would some of you suggest, also I stream on twitch through my PS4, I’ve been used to doing that for a while now and I believe it’s different on Xbox.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd say neither personally, you won't have loads of time for it
Sounds like you'd prefer to take ps4 though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
I'd say neither personally, you won't have loads of time for it
Sounds like you'd prefer to take ps4 though
I’ve heard I’ll have plenty of spare time, and I don’t constantly play. It’s just for me to chill when I have nothing to do. This is why I’m having such a struggle deciding
MidgetFever
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd be amazed if you had the time. I brought my PC down for gaming whilst I was at uni and I've barely touched it.
Yasmeen_xx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
PS4 !!! It’s so much better
CuriosityYay
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Neither. Grow up already!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CuriosityYay)
Neither. Grow up already!
Are you ok? How is chilling and playing games mean I need to grow up🤣 it’s just a bit of fun jesus
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wasn't actually able to stream, download, or play games online via my PS4 (or PS3/Wii U/3DS) at uni. The most I was able to do online was use Netflix.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve heard I’ll have plenty of spare time, and I don’t constantly play. It’s just for me to chill when I have nothing to do. This is why I’m having such a struggle deciding
I guess it depends on your degree and you but I think its better to join lots of societies and clubs or spend time with people- particularly during 1st year
CuriosityYay
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you ok? How is chilling and playing games mean I need to grow up🤣 it’s just a bit of fun jesus
I also love playing games (PUBG mobile on my Mate 20 Pro).

But I think one gotta stop playing when they enter university because games are time incinerators and uni is different and it needs time and dedication!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
I wasn't actually able to stream, download, or play games online via my PS4 (or PS3/Wii U/3DS) at uni. The most I was able to do online was use Netflix.
I guess it all depends on their internet really. I don’t even play it as much anymore. I just want one there to kill some time
Anonymous #1
I also love playing games (PUBG mobile on my Mate 20 Pro).

But I think one gotta stop playing when they enter university because games are time incinerators and uni is different and it needs time and dedication!
As I’ve said before. I don’t play games all day and night. I probably jump on twice a week at most for a couple of hours. I’m taking one with me so incase I want to kill time I can
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
I guess it depends on your degree and you but I think its better to join lots of societies and clubs or spend time with people- particularly during 1st year
Like I’ve said I don’t play games that often. It’s just there for me to chill when I want to kick back and just have a bit of time alone
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
as a fresher you'll have plenty of time for it...
this is such a trivial decision just pick the one you prefer, you can always come collect the other one if you visit home...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
as a fresher you'll have plenty of time for it...
this is such a trivial decision just pick the one you prefer, you can always come collect the other one if you visit home...
Thank you! Someone who actually answered my question. Yeah if I want to swap half way through the year I always could. I’ll probably jus take my PS4 and see how I get on with that
CuriosityYay
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As I’ve said before. I don’t play games all day and night. I probably jump on twice a week at most for a couple of hours. I’m taking one with me so incase I want to kill time I can
I play less than once a week.
You never want to kill time during uni. If you have time, it is better to study, catch onto some sleep, relax or take care of your body (like some sports/working out)
Anonymous #1
I play less than once a week.
You never want to kill time during uni. If you have time, it is better to study, catch onto some sleep, relax or take care of your body (like some sports/working out)
I think I’ll be fine killing a couple of hours a week playing a few games
Alenko333
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
take PS4 better or whichever one has more games on it.
Thank you! Someone who actually answered my question. Yeah if I want to swap half way through the year I always could. I’ll probably jus take my PS4 and see how I get on with that
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alenko333)
take PS4 better or whichever one has more games on it.
I think I have around the same amount on both. But because I got my PS4 more recently I have more recent games on that. There’s just one game I bought recently that’s on my Xbox but it’s pretty cheap so I can purchase it on PS4 if I wanted to
PokeyBumWank
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So I’m in a bit of a pickle here about which console I should take to uni. I can’t take both as I have to get to uni by train so only one will fit in the suitcase I’m taking.

Most of my friends as of right now are on Xbox but I rarely talk to them on it, maybe once a week at most. PS4 is my preferred console but I don’t know many people who have it.

What would some of you suggest, also I stream on twitch through my PS4, I’ve been used to doing that for a while now and I believe it’s different on Xbox.
fuk *****es get monie
stop being an incel streaming on Twitch and get a life fam
Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads