Computer science - A Level - PAPER 1 2019 Watch

Ajim
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I think I’m going to fail paper 1 on Monday. Our class got the code on April as we took forever to finish the NEA now I’m realising I’m going to get up to a C overall. 😭

For Paper 2 I know but paper 1 I’m doomed

Does anyone know last minutes tips?
Thanks for reading this
Respondz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Is this OCR?
Ajim
Rep:
?
I’m currently doing AQA
(Original post by Respondz)
Is this OCR?
AlexxJ6401
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm doing OCR but I can offer some tips. I have unfortunately left revision really late and am having to revise the entire of paper 1 for Monday during the weekend. Basically, what I do is, cover the theory first before attempting any past paper questions. I usually just copy from the textbook and verbally recite all the key points I have revised on that page, this helps it to stick in my head. Then, for efficiency, instead of actually writing down answers to past paper questions, I just visualise the points in my head and compare those with the mark scheme. I find this method to be effective, but most importantly, quick. As for any areas that I struggled with, I will revise them again (but in a more concise and time effective manner). Hopefully, you find this strategy useful
Colafusion
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by AlexxJ6401)
I'm doing OCR but I can offer some tips. I have unfortunately left revision really late and am having to revise the entire of paper 1 for Monday during the weekend. Basically, what I do is, cover the theory first before attempting any past paper questions. I usually just copy from the textbook and verbally recite all the key points I have revised on that page, this helps it to stick in my head. Then, for efficiency, instead of actually writing down answers to past paper questions, I just visualise the points in my head and compare those with the mark scheme. I find this method to be effective, but most importantly, quick. As for any areas that I struggled with, I will revise them again (but in a more concise and time effective manner). Hopefully, you find this strategy useful
This. I'm coming in clutch for OCR paper one relying on this:
Name:  IMG_3021.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  51.3 KB
Ajim
Rep:
?
Thank you for your strategy. I think this will be must useful to earn 20-25 marks for the first section.

Thanks 👍😀
Aadilkharl123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
anyone doing WJEC?
Colafusion
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Aadilkharl123)
anyone doing WJEC?
WJEC England? GL
Your paper is apparently hard as hell, in comparison to the other exam boards, lol.
Unless your Wales ofc. Problem is wales and England papers get combined for the grade boundaries, and welsh papers are far easier, resulting in higher grade boundaries.
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
WJEC Welsh
(Original post by Colafusion)
WJEC England? GL
Your paper is apparently hard as hell, in comparison to the other exam boards, lol.
Unless your Wales ofc. Problem is wales and England papers get combined for the grade boundaries, and welsh papers are far easier, resulting in higher grade boundaries.
Colafusion
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Oh. Then your paper is already easy and you can laugh your way through it, apparently.
(Original post by Aadilkharl123)
WJEC Welsh
Aadilkharl123
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
haha, still have to do 3 minutes of revision
(Original post by Colafusion)
Oh. Then your paper is already easy and you can laugh your way through it, apparently.
ItsMaaad
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Squad, I'm also attempting to learn whole of paper 1 this weekend, what's everyone doing for the coding? I literally know nothing... (Doing AQA Python)
Ajim
Rep:
?
I learned most of the Theory. But for coding, I’m going through the Wiki answers and trying to learn them.
(Original post by ItsMaaad)
Squad, I'm also attempting to learn whole of paper 1 this weekend, what's everyone doing for the coding? I literally know nothing... (Doing AQA Python)
necroticblast
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Same! Trying not to procrastinate at the same time
Alliterate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Same, I'm doing OCR too and have left revision late, mainly because I've had to focus on other subjects and procrastinated a little. I might try your visualisation of the answers technique, alongside practising writing some of the 10-mark questions. Thanks for the advice.
Last edited by Alliterate; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%