The Student Room Group

Do you have questions about Christianity?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 101
Some people cloud their vision of the Lord buy hanging onto questions they can't answer and that don't need to be answered, issues burdens, problems . . . they "put a pebble in their shoe"

https://youtu.be/fX6dq7cNIOA
Original post by sophiedrew2000
Hi, so I'm a Christian and was wondering if anyone had any questions for me about what I believe and why.

Feel free to ask whatever but please be respectful of each other's views :smile:

Original post by NJA
Some people cloud their vision of the Lord buy hanging onto questions they can't answer and that don't need to be answered, issues burdens, problems . . . they "put a pebble in their shoe"

https://youtu.be/fX6dq7cNIOA

I’m confused, so we shouldn’t ask questions?
Reply 103
I said hang onto questions.
Do you know what you need to know?
Original post by Justanotheranon6
I’m confused, so we shouldn’t ask questions?
Original post by NJA
I said hang onto questions.
Do you know what you need to know?

Need to know? I want to know as much as possible, I don’t see anything wrong with questioning things, because if something is true, the questions I ask will only reveal that. I get wary when people say to suppress my questions
Do you accept evolution? Can it coexist alongside your faith?

Thanks, this is a rly interesting thread x
Reply 106
Do you know what you need to know? or do you not know what that is yet?
Need to know? I want to know as much as possible, I don’t see anything wrong with questioning things, because if something is true, the questions I ask will only reveal that. I get wary when people say to suppress my questions
Original post by NJA
Do you know what you need to know? or do you not know what that is yet?

What is it that you think I need to know?
Reply 108
You must answer that question you want to know all things but you know you never can in this life but do you know what you need to know?
What is it that you think I need to know?
How can you survive the frog plague, I'm getting worried about the next one.
Is it against your religion to lunge dab?
Hi, so I'm a Christian and was wondering if anyone had any questions for me about what I believe and why.

Feel free to ask whatever but please be respectful of each other's views :smile:
Original post by NJA
You must answer that question you want to know all things but you know you never can in this life but do you know what you need to know?

I want to know all things. Of course I know I can’t know all things, but I’m going to try to question as much as I can.
As for ‘what I need to know’, I don’t quite understand what u mean? Would u mind explaining what it is u believe I need to know?

Do you believe that your god killed most of humanity with a great flood?

I respect your right to hold an opinion, but not necessarily the opinion itself. Opinions (claims, etc) obtain respect on their merits alone.

Why do you think that claims without credible evidence deserve "respect"?
I was wondering if you had any theories about why Christianity has dropped so much in its relevance to modern day life to most people nowadays. I think that out of all religions, Christianity is probably the one that aligns closest to the Western world. I am an atheist, yet I think the morals and values taught in the Bible were at least partially responsible for way that West has developed, in both good and bad ways. But now it seems as though people have almost no morals or value, not meant to be aimed at anyone here at all I just get that feeling from our current society.

So the question again, why do you think that Christianity and the values it preaches are being neglected in our modern societies?
Original post by Call me anything
I was wondering if you had any theories about why Christianity has dropped so much in its relevance to modern day life to most people nowadays. I think that out of all religions, Christianity is probably the one that aligns closest to the Western world. I am an atheist, yet I think the morals and values taught in the Bible were at least partially responsible for way that West has developed, in both good and bad ways. But now it seems as though people have almost no morals or value, not meant to be aimed at anyone here at all I just get that feeling from our current society.

So the question again, why do you think that Christianity and the values it preaches are being neglected in our modern societies?

parents don't teach their kids, that's it, they have everyone else but then teach their kids except themselves, they send them to a Christian school, kiddy church, youth church and expect them to come out Christian, they'll most likely come out agnostic.

some of these parents or the churches they attend are also hypocritical, they're usually this "godly Christian" at church and around others, but then are this abusive drunkard of a parent or something like that. Also, church leaders molesting kids (this is why you don't have separate services for children and youth separating from their parents)

things like this would drive kids away from Christianity.

I think you'll get the best answers from people who grew up in a Christian home and no longer are Christians.
Reply 115
Is there anything you need to know before you die?you must answer this question for yourself.

It's really a question of what is your life for , is it just to amass knowledge about stuffand then take it with you to the grave?
I want to know all things. Of course I know I can’t know all things, but I’m going to try to question as much as I can.
As for ‘what I need to know’, I don’t quite understand what u mean? Would u mind explaining what it is u believe I need to know?
Original post by NJA
Is there anything you need to know before you die?you must answer this question for yourself.

It's really a question of what is your life for , is it just to amass knowledge about stuffand then take it with you to the grave?

Thank you, you’ve given me a lot to think about. May I ask what you believe life is for? I’m struggling myself, which is why I’m reading lots of philosophy atm
Reply 117
I think philosophy got as far as saying the most important thing is to know what question to ask.

To answer your question to me, I need to know that I have wholeheartedly embraced God's calling on my life and that I have let go of residual self image, to use a matrix analogy.
Thank you, you’ve given me a lot to think about. May I ask what you believe life is for? I’m struggling myself, which is why I’m reading lots of philosophy atm
Original post by Call me anything

No I don't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending