The Student Room Group

Just accepted new job but I think I may be offered a better role...

Hi guys! Just need a little bit of advice if that's okay :smile: So basically I have received a job offer which I have accepted and when I signed the contract today it states I must give 3 months notice. My only issue is that I finally heard back from my previous employer asking if I would come back as a supervisor... which is what I really wanted and the pay is so much better and its 10mins away from home! (The only reason I left was my particular store did not have security and had regular dangerous thefts and I was trained as a keyholder but they didn't promote me like promised as I was still paid sales assistant wages) so basically I know its not set in stone but hypothetically and because I have a good feeling also as they know me and stated they want me... if offered a role, how do I go about telling my current employer? I have only had one shift so far and I am happy to work three months but as it is retail are they able to wait that long.... Sorry for rambling just a bit confused and spoilt for choice now. Any advice would be great :smile: thank you
Reply 1
Ah yes that's what I did think originally it just didn't state anything about the probationary period either... to be fair it didn't even tell me the hourly wage when i signed it today either... only took it because i needed a job and i like working and a job is a job but thank you so much for the clarification! I assume it will apply to my company as I just checked online and said exactly what you said and it even mentioned that if there is nothing outlined(which frustratingly applies to my case) at least the minimum notice shall be given. Thank you again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending