The Student Room Group

Ambleside - University of Cumbria 2019

Is anyone here starting at Ambleside in Sept 2019?
I can't find any groups for new students anywhere with it being such a small University!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I will be as long as I get the grades...
Which course will you be doing?
Reply 2
I’m starting in September too.
Original post by PadgeySianna
Is anyone here starting at Ambleside in Sept 2019?
I can't find any groups for new students anywhere with it being such a small University!
what will you be studying?
Original post by Arédien
Hey! I will be as long as I get the grades...
Which course will you be doing?

Outdoor Education for me! what about yourself?
Reply 5
Woodland Ecology and Conservation, can’t wait to live in Ambleside it’s so nice there.
oh nice, it does look great! do you know where your accomodation is?
Reply 7
Haven’t booked yet as it was a very last minute decision to switch to UoC. The cottages look nice though so those are my first choice. How about you?
oh wow! When did you decide? I think I'm in Helvellyn. I don't know how I'll fit all my kit in my room!
Reply 9
Yeah i know it’ll be a nightmare 😂 the new apartment building looked nice but defo not worth the extra £40/£50 a week. I decided just last month to switch from a history degree in Leeds. Where abouts are u from?
Definitely not worth it, I'll be spending that on food 😂. Only a small change then! 😂 What outdoor stuff do you like to do? I'm from Bath, where abouts are you from?
Yeah I know it was a big change of heart 😂 I’m from the Lake District already but right in the north of it. Bath is about as far away as u can get!
Outdoor stuff mostly fell running but anything by the lakes are good like cliff jumping, kayaking etc. If you love the outdoors you couldn’t have chosen a better place to live next year.
Ahh you know the area inside out then! Yes, I chose not to go to Scotland, only been to Ambleside twice, can't wait to explore. I definitely want to do more watersports, I have more experience walking than anything.
Will be great! Are you doing a placement year?
No, I think my course requires you to find a few weekly ones throughout the years I'm there. Will you?
Original post by PadgeySianna
Outdoor Education for me! what about yourself?

I'll be doing the Outdoor Adventure and Environment course ! Its similar to your course, so I think we'll be sharing some modules ! Its the perfect course for me, I just hope I get the grades...
How did your exams go?
I'm also from the North Lakes! What a coincidence, lol :wink:
Original post by HarryHys
Yeah I know it was a big change of heart 😂 I’m from the Lake District already but right in the north of it. Bath is about as far away as u can get!
Original post by Arédien
I'll be doing the Outdoor Adventure and Environment course ! Its similar to your course, so I think we'll be sharing some modules ! Its the perfect course for me, I just hope I get the grades...
How did your exams go?

Ahh goodluck with them! I've already got a confirmed place and not waiting on exam results luckily! Yes sounds like we'll be sharing lots of modules!
Original post by Arédien
How did your exams go?

I’m secured my place at UOC. To do Outdoor Adventure and Environment Course. I can’t seem to find anyone else anywhere that are going to ambleside, have you secured your place on UCAS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending