The Student Room Group

Traffic lights...

On my way home from work today I was behind a large van at a set of traffic lights, it just turned red as I got there. We were both in the right hand filter lane. After some time the van edged forward as I also followed suit, after a few moments the van turned right and proceeded to follow. As I looked I hesitated as the light was now red and I’m sat smack bang in the middle of the junction - as there was no traffic and it was safe to do so I quickly reversed as far back near the line as I could and weighted until the light changed again. Regrettable still over the line, and in the cycle box.
Yes, not a perfect performance of driving, - I strive to be a careful, safe & considerate driver. The lights seemed however to change very quickly, and I did not have good visibility as I had moved bro follow the van into the turn.
Does anyone believe I will now get a ticket/points/fine for this ?
Original post by Pellican
On my way home from work today I was behind a large van at a set of traffic lights, it just turned red as I got there. We were both in the right hand filter lane. After some time the van edged forward as I also followed suit, after a few moments the van turned right and proceeded to follow. As I looked I hesitated as the light was now red and I’m sat smack bang in the middle of the junction - as there was no traffic and it was safe to do so I quickly reversed as far back near the line as I could and weighted until the light changed again. Regrettable still over the line, and in the cycle box.
Yes, not a perfect performance of driving, - I strive to be a careful, safe & considerate driver. The lights seemed however to change very quickly, and I did not have good visibility as I had moved bro follow the van into the turn.
Does anyone believe I will now get a ticket/points/fine for this ?

If there was a red light camera yes, if not probably not.
Did you cross the line on a red? If you're over the line waiting to turn right you should go even after the lights have changed, often it's your only chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending