Feel like a slut Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have weird anxiety about wearing revealing clothes in public, like everyone is looking at me thinking i'm trashy or a piece of meat. Like older women think i'm a skank and young guys think i'm asking for it

I'm not conservative, developed this anxiety recently. Maybe after winter i suddenly feel naked? But i love mini skirts and crop tops etc but i don't have friends, so when im always alone wearing this stuff guys approach me or catcall me and make me feel like dirt that i lost my confidence to look good and be on my own.

Any ideas on why or how i can get over this? I know it's silly
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
By not wearing revealing clothes.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have weird anxiety about wearing revealing clothes in public, like everyone is looking at me thinking i'm trashy or a piece of meat. Like older women think i'm a skank and young guys think i'm asking for it

I'm not conservative, developed this anxiety recently. Maybe after winter i suddenly feel naked? But i love mini skirts and crop tops etc but i don't have friends, so when im always alone wearing this stuff guys approach me or catcall me and make me feel like dirt that i lost my confidence to look good and be on my own.

Any ideas on why or how i can get over this? I know it's silly
ni1834
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Embrace it. Take it as a compliment that boys find you attractive
Anonymous #1
Are you a guy or girl?
(Original post by ni1834)
ni1834
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Im a guy.
Are you a guy or girl?
Anonymous #1
No wonder you're saying that then
Im a guy.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
Guys enjoy girls who act slutty some times. It makes you look hot and thats what guys like.
ni1834
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If the situation was reversed i'd be well pleased if girls were constantly trying to pick me up. Also other bit of advice don't care what others think of you if you stop caring about that then you take away all the power they have to make you feel bad. Thats why i say just embrace it.
No wonder you're saying that then
Anonymous #1
Total lols

Guys enjoy girls who act slutty some times. It makes you look hot and thats what guys like.
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
you just have to be confident
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Nothing wrong with revealing clothes in public. No matter what you do, you will get criticised. If you dress conservatively people will say you're a prude. If you dress revealingly, you will get loads of looks. Why does it matter that much though? you say you love your clothes so wear them and stop giving a ****.
Anonymous #1
No if i dress conservatively people leave me alone

it's hard cause i have bad social anxiety and struggle to leave the house

but obvs nobody is getting that and everyone is fine so 'have confidence' ios such a simple thing to say
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Nothing wrong with revealing clothes in public. No matter what you do, you will get criticised. If you dress conservatively people will say you're a prude. If you dress revealingly, you will get loads of looks. Why does it matter that much though? you say you love your clothes so wear them and stop giving a ****.
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago

but obvs nobody is getting that and everyone is fine so 'have confidence' ios such a simple thing to say
Yeah you are the only person with social anxiety, correct.

In public, yes, people will leave you alone.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
Your personal preference mate
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Men aren't approaching and catcalling you because they think you're easy or a slut. They're doing it because you're attractive. It's intended as a compliment, even if it doesn't feel like one.
babyshsn786
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I think your missing the point
forgotten_one
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Nobody can really help you if you dont help yourself. What advice do you expect us to give?

babyshsn786
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It amazes me that people will compliment your over your choice of clothing. It’s apparent that your not happy nor comfortable in what you wear , so why keep doing it. You like to wear mini’ s and crop tops yet you feel anxiety and feel all those degrading thoughts you have. Well it’s certainly not good for you mentally so why not try a new approach. Dress appropriately cover your self more you never know your anxiety may be relieved and you will feel less conscious and bad about yourself
(Original post by babyshsn786)
I think your missing the point
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you're not comfortable wearing those clothes then just wear something else?

Seems like making a mountain out of a molehill, especially when you're criticising other's advice.
babyshsn786
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Exactly, just Think of those less Well off, peopleare being forced out of homes,bombing everyday, people starving etc your problem Will Seem minor
(Original post by MidgetFever)
If you're not comfortable wearing those clothes then just wear something else?

Seems like making a mountain out of a molehill, especially when you're criticising other's advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (46)
65.71%
No I haven't decided yet (16)
22.86%
Yes but I might change my mind (8)
11.43%

Watched Threads