The Student Room Group

Help

Hi I have been trying to figure out for ages what year my dad started high school you see Father’s Day isn’t coming up and I wanted to get in touch with his old friends to see what he like at my age But it’s been hard

If my dad was born in 1974 what year did he start high school
Original post by Gypsy-Rebecca
Hi I have been trying to figure out for ages what year my dad started high school you see Father’s Day isn’t coming up and I wanted to get in touch with his old friends to see what he like at my age But it’s been hard

If my dad was born in 1974 what year did he start high school

This is US? So it says 13/14 years old year 9? So 87/88 onwards. Not sure what you had in mind in terms of nostalgia? Music, books, films? Memorabilia, sports? Bew careful about getting in touch with old friends it could be very hit and miss for your dad. He might not like it.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
This is US? So it says 13/14 years old year 9? So 87/88 onwards. Not sure what you had in mind in terms of nostalgia? Music, books, films? Memorabilia, sports? Bew careful about getting in touch with old friends it could be very hit and miss for your dad. He might not like it.

Good advice🙂🤡
No this is UK and thanks you and I was thinking memorabilia or films
This US? So it says 13/14 years old year 9? So 87/88 onwards. Not sure what you had in mind in terms of nostalgia? Music, books, films? Memorabilia, sports? Bew careful about getting in touch with old friends it could be very hit and miss for your dad. He might not like it.

High school confused me a bit.
Cant you ask your mum?
Do you know anything about your dad and what he likes? Your mum know or your grandparents?
Does your dad do nostalgia?
At what stage are you aiming at? He would start at year 7? age11?
It confused me too
My mum doesn’t know about my dads past they only met -8 years ago
No I don’t know anything about him only that at the age of 18 he saved a man from drowning and got in the newspapers
I no longer have grandparents
What is nostalgia
I was aiming for age15 year 10
High school confused me a bit.
Cant you ask your mum?
Do you know anything about your dad and what he likes? Your mum know or your grandparents?
Does your dad do nostalgia?
At what stage are you aiming at? He would start at year 7? age11?

G
It confused me too
My mum doesn’t know about my dads past they only met -8 years ago
No I don’t know anything about him only that at the age of 18 he saved a man from drowning and got in the newspapers
I no longer have grandparents
What is nostalgia
I was aiming for age15 year 10

G

nostalgia
noun
noun: nostalgia; plural noun: nostalgias
a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past.

Still your mum must know what he likes. Does he have any hobbies or interests?
Maybe comedies like Blackadder or The Young Ones?

Its easy to find out what was happening at the time juts by typing in the year and then news events or TV .
Hard to know what he likes or would interest him without knowing more about him.

It cant be the UK i think you got confused the school system for the uk starts from nursery to primary school then secondary school and further education is college,university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending