The Student Room Group

GSCE media eduqas/wjec

Scroll to see replies

what did people write about the technologies and archers question?
i wrote about how you could use bbc iplayer or bbc radio 4 to listen but not sure if that’s right
found the exam hard :frown:
Reply 41
I wrote about social media:

-A convergent media allowing fans to interact
-This allows development of knowledge and sharing of ideas.
-Allows versatility and personal experience
I wrote about how they use websites:

-Allows access to prior episodes
-Allows interaction with other fans
-BLULMER AND KATZ SOCIAL INTERACTION
-Allows visual display through the form of video
I talked about radio itself:

- allows versatility
- means that the soap opera is more personal
-BLULMER AND KATZ PERSONAL IDENTITY
Original post by elouisee
what did people write about the technologies and archers question?
i wrote about how you could use bbc iplayer or bbc radio 4 to listen but not sure if that’s right
found the exam hard :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
Was there a question on The Sun’s website, or am I tripping??
Original post by itsjackjohnston
Was there a question on The Sun’s website, or am I tripping??

Yes a four marker I think.
Went really well except for the last question, that was a bit rocky. 25 marker was brilliant, I wrote a lot of good points and I’m pretty confident.
Reply 45
How many of you are doing crime drama or sitcoms? And also what options for the music videos. We are doing crime drama (Luther and The Sweeney) and then Roar, Uptown Funk and Black or White.
How are people revising for component 2?
Reply 46
We’re doing the exact same for the music section but we do IT crowd and Friends (sitcoms).
Original post by ok123y
How many of you are doing crime drama or sitcoms? And also what options for the music videos. We are doing crime drama (Luther and The Sweeney) and then Roar, Uptown Funk and Black or White.
How are people revising for component 2?
Reply 47
Original post by zackforest
We’re doing the exact same for the music section but we do IT crowd and Friends (sitcoms).

Cool 👍🏼
hey guys are any of you thinking of taking media studies at A Level? if so you're likely to carry on with EDUQAS/WJEC. I'm in year 12 now and I did media at GCSE (you do a different specification now to what i did last year I think) so if you have any questions about next years content or anything then feel free to message me! x
Reply 49
I actually can’t wait to get media out of my life - it’s a complete nightmare 😂😂😂
Original post by scarletsalevel
hey guys are any of you thinking of taking media studies at A Level? if so you're likely to carry on with EDUQAS/WJEC. I'm in year 12 now and I did media at GCSE (you do a different specification now to what i did last year I think) so if you have any questions about next years content or anything then feel free to message me! x
I actually can’t wait to get media out of my life - it’s a complete nightmare 😂😂😂

aw its not that bad!!
Reply 51
Original post by ok123y
Has everyone got their coursework marked? That's 30% of the grade so that's kinda reassuring

maaaate. That coursework was lush. Easiest full marks I ever did get. Totally forgot it existed until now- makes me feel a bit better about the slightly sh*tty exam.
Reply 52
flipping heck! Reckon you banged 12 marks there :cool:
I wrote about social media:

-A convergent media allowing fans to interact
-This allows development of knowledge and sharing of ideas.
-Allows versatility and personal experience
I wrote about how they use websites:

-Allows access to prior episodes
-Allows interaction with other fans
-BLULMER AND KATZ SOCIAL INTERACTION
-Allows visual display through the form of video
I talked about radio itself:

- allows versatility
- means that the soap opera is more personal
-BLULMER AND KATZ PERSONAL IDENTITY
Reply 53
The unseen axe advert was a bit too busy for my liking... Took me 7 minutes to figure out what the thing was about and find some decent points. Although I reckon the exam board did that because they gave us an easy question.
Original post by EstelleA
Went really well except for the last question, that was a bit rocky. 25 marker was brilliant, I wrote a lot of good points and I’m pretty confident.
Reply 54
Idk but I did a massive comparison on the objectification and sexualisation of women (SIMMILAR)
a massive paragraph on how the dominant males contrast in terms of job roles (CONTRAST)
and how the women in QS use their sexuality to manipulate the man for wealth and luxury (as presented through the tin), whereas in the other ad the women are with the men purely for love and attraction... (CONTRAST)

So I don’t know if I did enough comparisons BUT managed a bit of context and shoved a lot of Mulvey male gaze and Propps narrative theories. I just want 16 marks, Hope I get it 😂
Reply 55
Sounds like you've done enough to get 16 probably more. I did similar but did like 4 similarities and one difference. I made the point about women using sexuality to manipulate men but annoying didn't link it to the other text. And for some reason I wrote that the parachute guy in the top left was sexual because the girl was 'riding' him (linked this point to phallic symbolism in QS) Cannot believe I actually wrote that in an exam .... So embarrassing!
Reply 56
It depends on how everyone found the paper but how did it go? I think it was a good paper tbh
Original post by N12345678
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries will be like?
Reply 57
I didn't really like it :frown:. I think the grade boundaries won't be too high as this was the first series of exams for the spec.
Original post by sarahbondx
It depends on how everyone found the paper but how did it go? I think it was a good paper tbh
Reply 58
So does anyone have any good tips for revising for component 2?
Reply 59
defo learn sound effects and stuff like that for Luther bc I had a mock and they asked me about sound and i was so stuck
Original post by ok123y
So does anyone have any good tips for revising for component 2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending