Media studies
Government and politics
English literature
Lottie_28
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Do you have any ideas on a future career path as obviously this would be a deciding factor?
(Original post by amah2818)
Theese are my choices
Religious studies
Sociology
Film studies
Economics
Criminology
Media studies
Government and politics
English literature
amah2818
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Lottie_28)
Do you have any ideas on a future career path as obviously this would be a deciding factor?
Yeah! Sorry should’ve mentioned that, I want to go into Law or Children’s Nursing.
avacados1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Try researching the course you want to do at different universities. Sometimes they ask for facilitating subjects that you may have to do.
almondtitan3152
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Economics will open up your brain in so many ways and will be so beneficial- i done business instead cause i picked 2 sciences ahead of eco
do english- will allow you to get to used to reading and writing alot as you want to do law?
3rd subject maybe pick a "easier" a level which you can "lay" back on- all a levels are hard but its quite relative, having 3 hard subjects may take a toll, just my opinion as i do chem bio business
amah2818
Rep:
?
(Original post by almondtitan3152)
Economics will open up your brain in so many ways and will be so beneficial- i done business instead cause i picked 2 sciences ahead of eco
do english- will allow you to get to used to reading and writing alot as you want to do law?
3rd subject maybe pick a "easier" a level which you can "lay" back on- all a levels are hard but its quite relative, having 3 hard subjects may take a toll, just my opinion as i do chem bio business
What is business studies like? my college offers it aswell but I just never really considered it! And yeah I actually really wanted to do English but there some parts of it I really excel in and other parts I’m just awful at and I’m worried i might come out with a bad grade
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah! Sorry should’ve mentioned that, I want to go into Law or Children’s Nursing.
Well if you're considering nursing - you're probably going to need to take a science subject (although I don't know the requirements for all unis obviously)
iseesparksfly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
English Lit can be quite boring, I found that it was entirely dependent on the teacher I had, but it's not that difficult.

Wouldn't do biology...
Lottie_28
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well then I’d definitely recommend looking at entry requirements for both courses on uni websites and try to find a combination which you enjoy and would keep your options open for either career. Something like government and politics, Religious studies, economics and sociology could work although you may need to take a science ie biology for nursing I’m not sure x

Lottie_28
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi could I ask how you’re finding that combination as it’s what I’m planning on taking although I might do economics instead of business I’m undecided x
(Original post by almondtitan3152)
EddieTr0ll
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Theese are my choices
Religious studies
Sociology
Film studies
Economics
Criminology
Media studies
Government and politics
English literature
Do A-levels that are gonna contribute to your future so you can get closer to your dream. As someone who didn't plan to do A-levels because his careers adviser said he wouldn't get the grades (I'm not salty, you are!) - my advice is: look into the spec and the content and while you're doing them if you feel like the subjects you do make you wanna die because you hate the work, but you actually have an interest and are motivated by the subject then that is the subject that's right for you.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Subjects won't matter much for Law, but for Nursing, many unis prefer you to have at least one out of Biology, Psychology or Sociology. I see that Sociology is on your list, so that's one to pick.

I would pick one traditional subject, probably English Lit if you get a high grade at GCSE, or Religious studies if you do better at RS than English.

The third subject could be Economics or Business studies. Economics is more mathsy so if you're not that good at maths, it might be better to pick Business - which is also considered slightly easier.
Haider.alix
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
whats your future plan
Theese are my choices
Religious studies
Sociology
Film studies
Economics
Criminology
Media studies
Government and politics
English literature
amah2818
Rep:
?
(Original post by Haider.alix)
whats your future plan
Law or Law with criminal justice hopefully
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads