The Student Room Group

Equilibrium Question Chemistry A Level

Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 20.34.04.png
b) ii) I have no idea what to do?
Reply 1
Don’t have the delta / triangle symbol on my keyboard so will have to use /\ hahah sorry

i) /\ G = /\H - T/\S
You’re given /\H, /\S and temperature in the question but the temperature needs to be in Kelvin not Celsius, so change 25 (+273) to 298K.

/\G = +58 - (298 x +176 )

The units will be joules .
Sorry I’ve not got my calculator on me to work it out rn but that’s how you do it
Original post by jesss_
Don’t have the delta / triangle symbol on my keyboard so will have to use /\ hahah sorry

i) /\ G = /\H - T/\S
You’re given /\H, /\S and temperature in the question but the temperature needs to be in Kelvin not Celsius, so change 25 (+273) to 298K.

Sorry I’ve not got my calculator on me to work it out rn but that’s how you do it

Nobody has the delta symbol on their keyboard.

However, you can generate a delta by typing the acsii code for delta.

& # 916;

without spaces. It will render as delta.

Δ

Using ascii codes you can display many useful symbols for science. There are many sites where you can look up the codes.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jesss_

i) /\ G = /\H - T/\S

Only just saw this sorry. Is that the answer to part b) ii), because its the second bit that I dont know how to do? The question talking about midway. Thank you though

Quick Reply

Latest