Pop models / Bea models london Watch

Gilly11133344
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello,
Anyone knows whether these agencies (pop models / bea models) based in London are scam?
Thanks
willderspin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have not heard of them, but if the model agency has not seen your photo or knows of your body structure, before the test shoot, this is red flag. If they are not paying you for the test shoot another red flag. If you are still convinced that you should travel to their location, are they offering to pay travel expenses. If not, another red flag. If they ask you for a deposit or pay for anything, (such as photos) dont pay and walk away. If after all this you are still there and you are still taking your chances, and they offer you some kind of package which involves greater exposure (such as featured on our website) and the hard sell about how photogenic you are and how much money you will make and exotic locations etc etc, then you are a fool if you part with your money and you deserve to be ripped off.
lindsey121
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bea models have contacted me, does anyone know if they are legit?
BooBooBear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I went to a shoot for BeaModel.co.uk in Aldgate. When they spoke to me on the phone there was no discussion or mention of me having to contribute towards a portfolio of images. Even when I received an email from them, confirming the details of the shoot, there was nothing about the costs involved. I have done modelling before, so am aware of what is involved when you are asked to go for a test shoot. I checked their website and soon realised after looking at the type of people they are 'working for' it probably was a scam. However, as I was due to be in London on the day of the shoot, I decided to go along and see what was what. Plus, I think it's very important to share what happened next so other 'vulnerable' people don't get scammed or waste their time, thinking they are going to be 'the next top model'. I was told to take along three outfits. At previous shoots, I have always just turned up and been given clothes to wear to suit the look/type of shoot I was being tested for. I took along two outfits and after the first shoot, got taken into an office by a very overpowering and agressgive guy who told me they wanted to sign me up and normally it would cost £2,500...however cause my shots were good and I was very photogenic they would offer me a 'contract' for only £500! I told him that I wasn't interested in paying anything, to which he got very annoyed. I explained that I was going to leave, and he tried to make me stay. It was a horrid and totally unprofessional experience and I would strongly urge anyone not to go along to one of their 'test shoots. It is a scam!
Saturn451496
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I went as well
They asked me for 900£
lindsey121
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BooBooBear)
I went to a shoot for BeaModel.co.uk in Aldgate. When they spoke to me on the phone there was no discussion or mention of me having to contribute towards a portfolio of images. Even when I received an email from them, confirming the details of the shoot, there was nothing about the costs involved. I have done modelling before, so am aware of what is involved when you are asked to go for a test shoot. I checked their website and soon realised after looking at the type of people they are 'working for' it probably was a scam. However, as I was due to be in London on the day of the shoot, I decided to go along and see what was what. Plus, I think it's very important to share what happened next so other 'vulnerable' people don't get scammed or waste their time, thinking they are going to be 'the next top model'. I was told to take along three outfits. At previous shoots, I have always just turned up and been given clothes to wear to suit the look/type of shoot I was being tested for. I took along two outfits and after the first shoot, got taken into an office by a very overpowering and agressgive guy who told me they wanted to sign me up and normally it would cost £2,500...however cause my shots were good and I was very photogenic they would offer me a 'contract' for only £500! I told him that I wasn't interested in paying anything, to which he got very annoyed. I explained that I was going to leave, and he tried to make me stay. It was a horrid and totally unprofessional experience and I would strongly urge anyone not to go along to one of their 'test shoots. It is a scam!
Thank you for your response. Sorta knew it was a scam when they started asking me am i working. i said money is quite tight, then they just didnt bother. Only wanted money.
marisa_skill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Don't do it. They asked my husband to go without seeing any photos or knowing anything about him like age etc. Red flags on having to take own clothes, not being paid for the test shoot, Company number relates to another company not even them, calling from a mobile number, no business address..........the list goes on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise