The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2C-4CH1 12th June 2019

Share your thoughts...

Scroll to see replies

Hope the paper will be easy as the first one....but I doubt it cuz if the first paper is easy then the second paper should be hard.
good luck everyone!! whatever happens at least it’ll be over tomorrow :smile:
well that, was a beautiful paper thanks edexcel🙏
Reply 4
So true
Original post by elliebellie123
well that, was a beautiful paper thanks edexcel🙏
what did everyone get for the last page of calculations?
0.625 for concentration
Original post by joejoeeames
what did everyone get for the last page of calculations?
What did everyone get for enthalpy change
Original post by NebularCortex
What did everyone get for enthalpy change
what did everyone say for the one mark question about equilibrium --> why did the mixture turn brown
Anyone know why the mixture got darker and why less No was produces?
I guessed I wrote less n2O4 conc than original mixture
fo the longer question, I put: "an increase in pressure at a constant temperature will cause the equilibrium to favour the side with the fewer moles of gas and therefore favoured the left-hand side (whatever compound that was)"
Original post by saddddddddddddd
yea i agree
Original post by joejoeeames
fo the longer question, I put: "an increase in pressure at a constant temperature will cause the equilibrium to favour the side with the fewer moles of gas and therefore favoured the left-hand side (whatever compound that was)"
Yeah, I guessed and said some rubbish like "the system may not have been closed", which in retrospect, makes no sense.
--> I'm just guessing Edexcel need to put some difficult one mark question in there to knock seriously brainy kids off their feet...
Reply 15

I put since the pressure increased, the NO gas particles were closer together and more concentrated, to it looks darker.
I don’t think favouring in equilibrium is correct because it said in the syllabus that le cheitler principle is not required
Reply 17
Colour change from ethanol to ethanoic acid is orange to green (not in the CGP guide) i put colourless to black
:lol:..you only lost two marks..so relax
Original post by mp99
Colour change from ethanol to ethanoic acid is orange to green (not in the CGP guide) i put colourless to black
Reply 19
For the NO2 one, i said volume decrease so concentration increase, so it gets darker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending