Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2C-4CH1 12th June 2019 Watch

Kate23456712
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by joejoeeames)
He's talking about when handling acids and bleach...
which are corrosive.

but I didn't put that answer
Isaid the same things......not sure if saftey Goggles is the right answer as I said the burette or the equipment mentioned in that question must be below eye level..........why is nitrogen oxide produced?

What did you all ok for the disadvantage?
joejoeeames
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm agreeing with you... putting a GAS MASK is silly.
I replied to your correction by accident sorry
and yes... he is off his nut lol
(Original post by leo1233)
you should have hahaha
Suley143
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
In context, the question was about handling bleach, which is corrosive and irritant.

Where did you get the gas mask stuff from? I haven't learnt that. I mean even if we take your answer, the mask will only protect you, what about the surrounding environment?

(Original post by EditedRhyme)
Not really, its actually wear a gas mask because chlorine gas is toxic. Nothing to do with corrosivity
Last edited by Suley143; 6 days ago
joejoeeames
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I did exactly that "fill burette below eye level". it was a sneaky question about titrations
(Original post by Kate23456712)
Isaid the same things......not sure if saftey Goggles is the right answer as I said the burette or the equipment mentioned in that question must be below eye level..........why is nitrogen oxide produced?

joejoeeames
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
you could say something like --> nitrous oxides dissolve into the water in atmosphere forming dilute nitric acid causing acid rain that can affect soil acidity levels and therefore kill wildlife
(Original post by Kate23456712)

nerddddo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
expected grade boundaries?
LiamGor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
was the titration question the last question because i don’t remember seeing titration and im panicking now oH gOd
NebularCortex
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What corrosive... it’s fume cupboard
joejoeeames
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No No No. RELAX. There was no official question on a Titration, but the experiment was to find concentrations and it involved an Acid and an Alkaline. You will do absolutely fine if you write any relevant safety precautions to do with acids --> I just wrote one specifically about titrations
(Original post by LiamGor)
was the titration question the last question because i don’t remember seeing titration and im panicking now oH gOd
LiamGor
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
thank you so much !!
(Original post by joejoeeames)
No No No. RELAX. There was no official question on a Titration, but the experiment was to find concentrations and it involved an Acid and an Alkaline. You will do absolutely fine if you write any relevant safety precautions to do with acids --> I just wrote one specifically about titrations
nerddddo
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
the mole calculations was the last one so yes titration was the last one
(Original post by LiamGor)
joejoeeames
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I personally suspect:
if the first paper was nice and the second paper was ok then I'm guessing somewhere around 85% for a 9 as a conservative guess
(Original post by nerddddo)
expected grade boundaries?
Roynull
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What was alloy one answer?
And why air must be prevented from fermentation??
mg45
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
just to check wat was the mass number in the very first question, the question about the energy in an exothermic reaction like where it said refer to bond breaking and making, definition of a fuel and why fermentation doesn't need oxygen
joejoeeames
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by NebularCortex)
What corrosive... it’s fume cupboard
Yes, this is correct as it produces toxic Chlorine Gas, but you could also put general safety precautions regarding strong acids and alkalis like DoNt PoUr ThAt **** oN yOuR FaCe
nerddddo
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
seems fair
NebularCortex
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What did everyone get in titration... it was immediately before the Mole question
joejoeeames
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
1. make sure you added up all the protons and neutrons: I think it was about 13.
2. bond breaking = an endothermic process and bond making = exothermic process. Less energy USED to break bonds, but more energy RELEASED when making them (hence -VE enthalpy change) therefore the reaction is exothermic
3. for fuel, I kinda guessed and put a substance that can be combusted in order to harvest energy from it
4. fermentation w/o oxygen produces ethanol and CO2. aerobic respiration with oxygen would only produce CO2 and water. Plus... if you leave the produced ethanol exposed to the air it could oxidise via microbial oxidation and become ethanoic acid
(Original post by mg45)
just to check wat was the mass number in the very first question, the question about the energy in an exothermic reaction like where it said refer to bond breaking and making, definition of a fuel and why fermentation doesn't need oxygen
LiamGor
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
yea i did the last question i was just panicking that there was like a proper titration based question with having to write steps. but thanks for replying, i was just a bit mixed up
(Original post by nerddddo)
the mole calculations was the last one so yes titration was the last one
joejoeeames
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Alloy Thingy:
the Mixture if different sized atoms in aluminiums crystalline structure cause it to be warped --> therefore the layers of atoms become more difficult to slide over each other, therefore making the material stronger and less malleable
(Original post by Roynull)
What was alloy one answer?
And why air must be prevented from fermentation??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads