liaente
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How can I structure 12 & 16 marks for History?
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
3 or 4 paragraphs of PEEL or whatever you use
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m guessing you are doing paper 1 on Monday aren’t you? For the 8 mark question when it says ‘how convincing’ cross it out and write above it accurate as it the question is actually asking how accurate the one of the sources is
liaente
Rep:
?
yes, crime & punishment - thanks! xx
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
I’m guessing you are doing paper 1 on Monday aren’t you? For the 8 mark question when it says ‘how convincing’ cross it out and write above it accurate as it the question is actually asking how accurate the one of the sources is
randomusername23
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm guessing you do GCSE AQA? Use PEEL paragraphs if you want, but I usually just write down whatever comes into my head in each paragraph and usually get top band (10-12/15-16 marks)
Knowledge
12 markers:
Para 1 - Factor A named in Q
Para 2 - Factor B named in Q
Para 3 - Judgement on 2 factors - which is most significant/important?

16 markers:
P1 - factor named in q
P2 - second factor (your own choice)
P3 - third factor (your own choice)
P4 - conclusion - which is most important and why?

12 marker SOURCE:
Para 1 - What's good/useful about source A?
Para 2 - What's good/useful about source B?
Para 3 - Conclusion - limitations of both sources. How useful are they together?

That's how I've been taught to do Paper 1 anyway (we do Germany 1890-1945 and Conflict and Tension 1918-39)
Same applies to 16 marker on Paper 2 Section A
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do the same for paper 1
(Original post by AndrewMarriott3)
I'm guessing you do GCSE AQA? Use PEEL paragraphs if you want, but I usually just write down whatever comes into my head in each paragraph and usually get top band (10-12/15-16 marks)
Knowledge
12 markers:

16 markers:
P1 - factor named in q

12 marker SOURCE:
Para 3 - Conclusion - limitations of both sources. How useful are they together?

That's how I've been taught to do Paper 1 anyway (we do Germany 1890-1945 and Conflict and Tension 1918-39)
randomusername23
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My half-term has been trying to cram League of Nations and Hitler's Foreign Policy. I'm dreading revising Nazi Germany. WHY IS THERE SO MUCH CONTENT???????????
I do the same for paper 1
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My half-term has been trying to cram League of Nations and Hitler's Foreign Policy. I'm dreading revising Nazi Germany. WHY IS THERE SO MUCH CONTENT???????????
Are you doing GCSEs right now or are you in year 10? You got a whole year before GCSEs so don’t worry
randomusername23
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah I'm year 10. It's just I've got a week of mocks and I left revision far too late. It doesn't really matter but my school is crazy about target setting and tracking and stuff. I'm targeted all 8s and 9s and my teachers have high expectations.
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah I'm year 10. It's just I've got a week of mocks and I left revision far too late. It doesn't really matter but my school is crazy about target setting and tracking and stuff. I'm targeted all 8s and 9s and my teachers have high expectations.
Same, my school is a new school and I am the first year to do GCSEs so the pressure to succeed for my year is immense
randomusername23
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Our school is old (1930s) but they think our year has potential and our head of year is OTT. They expect us to be amazing because we all passed the 11+ and grammar schools are supposed to be superior. I think they p***** because we got beaten last by a rival all-boys school and our equivalent girls school. It's just ridiculous. We get given progress bulletins every half term and stuff.
Name:  Annotation 2019-06-01 135351.png
Views: 116
Size:  62.2 KB
liaente
Rep:
?
Sorry I should've specified, I'm doing Edexcel - but thanks so much! I'll just do what I can at this rate, I wish you and me the best of luck <3
Knowledge
12 markers:

16 markers:
P1 - factor named in q

12 marker SOURCE:

liaente
Rep:
?
Oh what I'd do to be in year 10...
I'd love to do Nazi Germany, it seems so much more interesting. I'm doing the USA, can you imagine how boring that is?
Are you doing GCSEs right now or are you in year 10? You got a whole year before GCSEs so don’t worry
randomusername23
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by liaente)
Oh what I'd do to be in year 10...
I'd love to do Nazi Germany, it seems so much more interesting. I'm doing the USA, can you imagine how boring that is?
Nazi Germany isn't too bad, but you do get a bit bored of it after a while.
jae jae
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Helpful!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (103)
27.61%
England (124)
33.24%
Belgium (29)
7.77%
Germany (40)
10.72%
Spain (8)
2.14%