The Student Room Group

feel like my older sister is trying to copy everything I do?

so basically for the past few weeks/months even, i've noticed how anything I do, my sister - who's 3 years apart from me, literally copies anything I do.

It's not even like she's copying the clothes that I wear, its literally like if I said I like a specific music genre, she'd like it too even though the day before she told me she cannot stand it, or say I try a new hobby, she'd do it too and then say i'm trying to copy her.

I know that some people are gonna think that she's just trying to share the same interests as me or whatever, but it's literally just taking the piss bcos she even copies my comments/ideas on certain topics and passes them as her own and I had confronted her about it earlier because it's kinda obvious that she's trying to be a copy of my but older and she picks a fight saying I'm over exaggerating or that I'm copying her in stead but it's honestly irritating me next level.
She looks up to you, I know it might be annoying but take the opportunity to help your sister and show that you do really love her and want to help her
Original post by Anonymous
so basically for the past few weeks/months even, i've noticed how anything I do, my sister - who's 3 years apart from me, literally copies anything I do.

It's not even like she's copying the clothes that I wear, its literally like if I said I like a specific music genre, she'd like it too even though the day before she told me she cannot stand it, or say I try a new hobby, she'd do it too and then say i'm trying to copy her.

I know that some people are gonna think that she's just trying to share the same interests as me or whatever, but it's literally just taking the piss bcos she even copies my comments/ideas on certain topics and passes them as her own and I had confronted her about it earlier because it's kinda obvious that she's trying to be a copy of my but older and she picks a fight saying I'm over exaggerating or that I'm copying her in stead but it's honestly irritating me next level.
Reply 2
lol she's older than me.

but i mean its not like we're fighting 24/7 about this, it's all love. But the whole idea of copying every single thing I do to the point i can't share any of my interests is quite annoying especially because i only have an older sibling to talk to.
Original post by Greywolftwo
She looks up to you, I know it might be annoying but take the opportunity to help your sister and show that you do really love her and want to help her
lol she's older than me.

but i mean its not like we're fighting 24/7 about this, it's all love. But the whole idea of copying every single thing I do to the point i can't share any of my interests is quite annoying especially because i only have an older sibling to talk to.

Well that’s just plain odd then
lmao I fell like my younger sister always copies me
Reply 5
it irritates me sm
lmao I fell like my younger sister always copies me
you could always lie about your interests to get her to say she likes them and then say 'jk lol its so crap'
it irritates me sm
i don’t event know what to say.. my older sister does the exact same and it bugs the **** out of me. she doesn’t have her own personality, just mine, and it’s sad
Reply 8
i sweaarrrrrrr there's literally nothing to stop it
Original post by warm_jeans
i don’t event know what to say.. my older sister does the exact same and it bugs the **** out of me. she doesn’t have her own personality, just mine, and it’s sad
My twin brother copies me and others all of the time. I don't even think he notices it. It's hard for me as we look very alike physically and I feel he steals my identity that way. But I know he's just insecure and looks up to me and probably thinks he should act like me because he looks like me... But the only thing he achieves is that I avoid his company.To be frank, many people copy me and look up to me. But people whom I notice doing so, have the littlest respect from me. I value people who remain true to themselves instead of constantly adapting.

lol stop flattering yourself. she is NOT copying you. she just happens to like what you are doing. if she buys the exact same clothes and tries the same hairstyle etc. that would deffo mean she is copying. but she isn't really doing that rn is she. i have went through what your sister has gone through too. where my sister bought a specific skincare product that really helped her skin so I got it too. then she bought a few month later a clothing steamer which I found to be convenient to have and I bought one too. and then she started to say I copied her.

do you own the music genre? do you own the hobby? no. it just happens that she has similar taste to you. stop being childish lol.
It's not childish it is coveting...it doesn't feel good to be copied everything you do...if you have similar taste then do it on your own don't wait till she does it. no one deserves to be stalked...some people like to be different especially in their circle...copy a magazine or something.you have no idea how much it hurts to be envied by your own family.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 12
Omg my sister has been doing this for the last couple of months i noticed. The only difference is shes like 8 years older than me, i think its because they kind of have an identity disorder? At least thats how it feels with her because i know the history of my family etc.

Shes been buying my style of clothes, getting into my hobbies, copying stuff from me she said she didnt have an intrest in and suggesting things to my friends that ive said to her that she
Wasnt really into like it was her idea. Before if i suggest plans she would always add into it like it was all her idea to begin with.

Lately i just try to have patience with her, i havent addressed it with her either because i dont really know what to say? I love her so much but it is very frustrating, i try to think of it like sister goals or twinning, but shes been more aggressive in the way she takes me intrests it makes me so upset.
(edited 11 months ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending