Bank of England Degree Apprenticeship for Economics

Watch
ErvinBoyes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I was wondering if there's anyone on here that is either doing the Bank of England degree level apprenticeship for economics, or knows about at, and would be willing to answer a few questions about it.

How competitive is it?
I see that the entry requirements are fairly low, 136 UCAS points with only a B in maths at GCSE. I got a 6 which of course is a B, but I don't do it at a level, so would I be likely to get a place? I may do an a level in maths next year if it helps. The other subjects I study are History, Economics, and Graphic Design. I am predicted ABB but hope to get around A*AA.

What are the job prospects like?
I would want to work in the Bank of England, perhaps even as an economist later on, but definitely somewhere in the public sector rather than private sector. Would this apprenticeship allow me to do so? I see that the degree comes from Kent, which is hardly prestigious, so I would guess I would be limited in job opportunities when competing with someone from LSE or even somewhere like Bristol or Durham. Are my assumptions correct and how much of an impact will it have?
phoenix4
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ErvinBoyes)
I was wondering if there's anyone on here that is either doing the Bank of England degree level apprenticeship for economics, or knows about at, and would be willing to answer a few questions about it.

How competitive is it?
I see that the entry requirements are fairly low, 136 UCAS points with only a B in maths at GCSE. I got a 6 which of course is a B, but I don't do it at a level, so would I be likely to get a place? I may do an a level in maths next year if it helps. The other subjects I study are History, Economics, and Graphic Design. I am predicted ABB but hope to get around A*AA.

What are the job prospects like?
I would want to work in the Bank of England, perhaps even as an economist later on, but definitely somewhere in the public sector rather than private sector. Would this apprenticeship allow me to do so? I see that the degree comes from Kent, which is hardly prestigious, so I would guess I would be limited in job opportunities when competing with someone from LSE or even somewhere like Bristol or Durham. Are my assumptions correct and how much of an impact will it have?
Did you end up applying for this apprenticeship or went to uni instead? Do you still want more information?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.16%
No (559)
65.84%

Watched Threads