The Student Room Group

Which EPQ question should I do?

I have a few ideas on what to do my EPQ on, but not sure which one to choose out of these ones -
Why have people become less supportive of the death penalty?
Can capital punishment be justified?
Should weed be legal?
Should guns be legal in the UK?
Can terrorism ever be justified?
Are serial killers born or made?
Is the criminal justice system fair?
Does the UK prison system actually work?
Should lie detectors be used in law?
Any ideas on which would be the best one to do?
Reply 1
The terrorism one is interesting, I did my EPQ discussing to what extent Islam is a religion of peace. For that you could look at quotes and interviews of people like Bin Laden and unpick their reasoning then link it to scripture and current affairs.
I think the prison system/criminal justice system ones could be together (perhaps focus on the prison system as a subheading or something). If you choose that, be sure to mention the recent ruining of the CJS by Chris Grayling and the Lib Dems under Home Secretary Theresa May. For example, the Probation Service was cut in half - as in half of it was sold off, which causes problems to this day and now, thankfully is being reversed.

I can't decide for you but I hope that might help you develop your train of thought.
baasically what u need to know for ur career so like if ur gonna deal then do the weed if ur gonna kill do the killer one. whatever helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending