I don't know any vocab, what should I do! Watch

PlzNerfAsh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi I know hardly any vocabulary and now I'm panicking! What should I do to learn it ASAP!
STEM_Nerd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
What subject? And what year are you?
PlzNerfAsh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
German GCSE YEAR 11!
STEM_Nerd
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I don't do German, but am Spanish y10. When is your exam? Try and do Quizlet/Memrise for all the basic vocab, and then familiarise yourself with the harder stuff. But if you don't know the vocab, then you probably won't know the grammar...
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Have a look at some German films with English sub titles, read newspapers/books in that language. Have a look for forums in the language to see if you can pick up some phrases. Lastly get the dictionary and write out phrases/vocabulary and post them round the house.

There will be a list online of the most used German words, it might be a good place to start if not already.
STEM_Nerd
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You've got 11 days right? 12th June. I would say just try and learn as much common vocab as you can... At the end of the day though, it's 1 GCSE out of 10. Unless you want to be a language teacher, don't stress too much - it's not the end of the day if you don't get a good grade. Unis will only really look at the GCSEs in related subjects to your degree anyway
hello_there_123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Basically the speaking test went well but i think my teacher said 2018 instead of 2019 at the beginning. Would i get marked down for this.
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by hello_there_123)
Basically the speaking test went well but i think my teacher said 2018 instead of 2019 at the beginning. Would i get marked down for this.
um i dont think so...its not what you said
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.02%
They've been reasonable (70)
40.94%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.73%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)