SRA Suitability-Disclosure of Criminal Background & Financial Circumstances Watch

emsrt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello Guys,

I am a law graduate who has been working as paralegal for over 2 years now in the UK. I have been offered a training contract starting in October 2019 alongside with the LPC. I am already registered with University of Law and SRA.

Whilst researching the SRA Trainee guidance I found out that I have to disclose some information with the application for registration.

1- I had a motoring offence which was a penalty only and some points due to expire in December 2019.

2- I had a CCJ 3 years ago and this was satisfied after 4-5 months.

These years were both psychologically and financially difficult years for me, and I acted recklessly- I must admit. However since 2016, I never had the same problems and tried to avoid these actions.

Do you guys think the above points are likely to cause problems for me to start my training contract. ? If anyone has similar experiences please do share, I am looking to hear from all of you.

Regards
sillybillydilly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the CCJ is a issue , do you have any medical evidence from that year?
emsrt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I do not have any medical evidence, however, I have proof of my financial circumstances developing.
(Original post by sillybillydilly)
I think the CCJ is a issue , do you have any medical evidence from that year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.81%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.73%
No I am happy with my course choice (507)
59.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.44%

Watched Threads