The Student Room Group

Guys - a girl needs help here.

Guys please help!
When guys first meet girls a lot of the time they have a fair bit of makeup on and are dressed up and looking good (clubs, bars, events etc). I'm good at makeup but not that attractive under it (like an 8 to a 4 makeup vs no makeup). Is there a point where I'd get to know a guy well enough that he will be attracted to me still without makeup? Obviously when you start dating you see the guy a lot more and a lot of the time you're not fully done up. My one interaction with a guy was the night of a party vs the morning after (we slept in different beds I don't mean that we slept together) and he was all over me the night before and wouldn't talk to me in the morning. He wasn't drunk. The only conclusion I can come to is that he thought I was unattractive with no makeup. Is this a big thing for guys? Do guys realise that we won't look "gorgeous" (all women are gorgeous no matter how much makeup they wear I'm just basing it of of my perspective when I wear makeup) in pj's and barefaced? When is the right time to interact with him when you've just got out of the shower/bed?
girl if someone doesn't appreciate u without makeup they're not worth ur time. maybe just wear minimal makeup around them after seeing them once so they know more how u look without makeup, without not wearing any. :dontknow:
Reply 2
Why not try putting yourself in their shoes for a second and viewing it the other way round?

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to how you'll feel.
Tbh this was why I would always send no makeup selfies to guys before we went on dates. You will look different without makeup. It's supposed to enhance your features. As above you could just wear more natural makeup. It might help you feel more confident without makeup that way too.
Reply 4
I think make up should be just about a bit of special occasion enhancement and not everyday. I don't think it makes the difference between a 4 and 8. Femininity and attractiveness have very many aspects and most are not make up enhanced. And yes we like girls for their personality too.
Weird.... if he thinks you wouldn't look attractive without makeup its time to move on, and if he really likes you no matter you just woke up with messy hair or got out of shower, he will still like you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending