dia_daquiri
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone know the 2019 AQA Design and Tech [Product Design] contexts for the NEA beginning in June?
Marcus7948
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They are listed on this page, with some information.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5982100
dia_daquiri
Rep:
?
Thanks are you doing DT GCSE?
(Original post by Marcus7948)
They are listed on this page, with some information.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5982100
Marcus7948
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, I am doing my NEA this year and tests net year
(Original post by dia_daquiri)
Thanks are you doing DT GCSE?
dia_daquiri
Rep:
?
Same, which context are you doing?
frankie_2104
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Omg yeh I’m doing GCSE DT and I think I’m gonna do safe and comfortable home but I also have ideas for the big event one
dia_daquiri
Rep:
?
any ideas guys on what anyone can make?
RaphAngelos
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing high profile activity or event and am making a transport solution for a hobbyist's DJ set up (Laptop, small console, headphones, wires etc). If anyone is struggling I'd suggest that you take the 3rd challenge and make something to do with a hobby that either you or your friend has, for example a modular battleground for wargames/table top games or a cookbook display that can keep your recipe safe and dry.
(Original post by dia_daquiri)
any ideas guys on what anyone can make?
JustinWard
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I'm doing that too, I'm stuck on section c for design ideas though
dia_daquiri
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustinWard)
Yeah I'm doing that too, I'm stuck on section c for design ideas though
Hold up you are at design ideas, I'm not even past the design brief and specification. Which contextual challenge are you doing?
Theo_HW
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is selfish of me but I need a bit of help if anyone is in the mood. I am trying to create a sort of light which involves a sphere shape in which the lamp could sit. I don't want to 3D print and thought I could create an almost sphere out of interlocking acrylic tiles (for example hexagons and pentagons on a football shape). Can anyone help me please, I'm not good at working with acrylic but I can't think of another way. Cheers!
dia_daquiri
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theo_HW)
This is selfish of me but I need a bit of help if anyone is in the mood. I am trying to create a sort of light which involves a sphere shape in which the lamp could sit. I don't want to 3D print and thought I could create an almost sphere out of interlocking acrylic tiles (for example hexagons and pentagons on a football shape). Can anyone help me please, I'm not good at working with acrylic but I can't think of another way. Cheers!
If ur school has a vacuum former, u can vacuum form around an spherical object and layer the plastic to make 1 strong plastic sphere without using a 3d printer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads