A Level Media Studies Eduqas 2019 Predictions

Watch
nethmeh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone have any predictions for what's gonna come up on the Eduqas Media Studies exams? I've seen no thread on it
JayzW
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well I'm thinking that Tide, Late night's woman hour and Assassin's creed may NOT come up because there are alot of past papers about them
bobbiescanlon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think Riptide music video might come up to compare it with an unseen. It hasn’t been on any spec papers, only Beyoncé’s Formation has been on it, i have a suspicion that it might be on there
Last edited by bobbiescanlon; 1 year ago
EveryMoonlight
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My college hasn't sorted a room yet because the normal exam room doesn't have a screen in; which makes me think that they might be showing us an audio/visual instead of a printout for section A.
bobbiescanlon
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes they probably are - my whole class is seated in a normal classroom in my college with a screen/projector in it. The normal exam hall does not have this. So it is probably likely it is a moving image clip.
nethmeh
Rep:
?
If anyone is struggling on theories then check out this YouTube channel! She explains all the theories really well and gives examples of set texts they're related to

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUKrxp4BcJrGLzmqAhCjASg
Last edited by nethmeh; 1 year ago
Lavishfrill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey the link u sent doesn't work could u say the name of the channel thank you!
nethmeh
Rep:
?
Her channel name is Mrs Fisher. Instead of pressing the link, try coping and pasting the link onto a different tab. It should work then (hopefully idk)
(Original post by Lavishfrill)
hey the link u sent doesn't work could u say the name of the channel thank you!
Rishi529
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just to let you know it says that the channel no longer exists
(Original post by nethmeh)
If anyone is struggling on theories then check out this YouTube channel! She explains all the theories really well and gives examples of set texts they're related to

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUKrxp4BcJrGLzmqAhCjASg
nethmeh
Rep:
?
The channel still exists. For some reason pressing the link won't work but if you copy and paste the link onto another tab it works
(Original post by Rishi529)
Just to let you know it says that the channel no longer exists
HJABSIYA
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
going through codes and conventions of music videos and charity adverts for the media language question- think it will come up
HJABSIYA
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hope straight outta Compton or i daniel blake comes up as well
EveryMoonlight
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm thinking newspapers for section B tbh, if so it'll be The Times because Daily Mirror was on the example assessment materials this year. WaterAid for section A also was on the example spec so I'm focusing on music videos, especially Riptide like someone said above (maybe rep of gender)
HJABSIYA
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
anyone got any good advice on how to do a good 30 mark representation question- need some help on structure especially
bobbiescanlon
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HJABSIYA)
anyone got any good advice on how to do a good 30 mark representation question- need some help on structure especially
For 30 markers, i’d say to do 3 paragraphs and an introduction.

Say the question is on the representation on gender, you can do one paragraph on similarities/differences of men, then the next one of similarities of women, then the last paragraph on differences of women. I’d aim to do similarities and differences of whatever representation is there. Always interweave your theories into your analysis and not slap it on the end of your paragraphs, same with context.

Hope this helps
elodieirhall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do people reckon the grade boundaries will be high, low or average this year?
EveryMoonlight
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a new spec so average is my guess. It really depends on the questions. I do film studies on the same board which is also a new spec and the questions on paper 1 were fairly similar to the ones on the example spec so I reckon the grade boundaries will be average (or even a little forgiving)
elliepearl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, what do you the audience and industries questions will be on?
EveryMoonlight
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Possibly radio or newspapers tbh. I can't see video games coming up and film posters would be too similar to the music video we're probably gonna have to analyse in section A (Riptide). Also, film is only listed in the industries section of the paper and not audiences so with the shorter exam time I doubt it'll be added as they would have to make us cover another text for audiences
Last edited by EveryMoonlight; 1 year ago
HJABSIYA
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wow okay thanks
(Original post by bobbiescanlon)
For 30 markers, i’d say to do 3 paragraphs and an introduction.

Say the question is on the representation on gender, you can do one paragraph on similarities/differences of men, then the next one of similarities of women, then the last paragraph on differences of women. I’d aim to do similarities and differences of whatever representation is there. Always interweave your theories into your analysis and not slap it on the end of your paragraphs, same with context.

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.05%
I'm not sure (27)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (190)
31.4%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (290)
47.93%

Watched Threads