The Student Room Group

Transferring University

I’m in my second year of university and have almost finished my exams for this year. Pretty sure I’m going to fail the year and there are no resits where I am - if you fail, you’re out.

Please, no one say “Oh you might have passed” because right now that’s not helpful. I do not wish to discuss it.

I want to know if it might be possible for me to transfer to the second year of another university to begin studying there in October 2019. When I looked into transferring universities all the information I could find suggested it was too late as I should have applied via UCAS months ago - but back then I didn’t know I would have to transfer!

Birmingham would be my first choice to transfer to.

Does anyone have any experience of transferring or advice to share? Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Platopus
I’m in my second year of university and have almost finished my exams for this year. Pretty sure I’m going to fail the year and there are no resits where I am - if you fail, you’re out.

Please, no one say “Oh you might have passed” because right now that’s not helpful. I do not wish to discuss it.

I want to know if it might be possible for me to transfer to the second year of another university to begin studying there in October 2019. When I looked into transferring universities all the information I could find suggested it was too late as I should have applied via UCAS months ago - but back then I didn’t know I would have to transfer!

Birmingham would be my first choice to transfer to.

Does anyone have any experience of transferring or advice to share? Thanks.

The first step would be to contact the uni(s) you are interested in transferring to directly- send their admissions teams, or contact for your subject an email.

It's very likely you will be asked for a transcript of your first year modules and marks, so make sure you have this available.

The uni will then make a decision about whether or not they'd accept you as a transfer, and advise you on how to apply.

For transfers into second year, timing of your application is less important than first year marks and the similarity of your modules in first year with the unis own modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending