AQA A-Level English Literature B Paper 2 3/6/19 Watch

This discussion is closed.
sam974
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeah thanks it does make sense! Just the mock threw my confidence waaaay off with section c. Hopefully they treat us nicely this year
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
Approach it how you would approach a normal essay question so for and against arguments but write half as much for each text if that makes sense. Just make sure you link your answer to the question and include crime genre terms and elements when answering the question

I know can't wait 3 hrs of hell
I AM GROOT 1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by sam974)
Yeah thanks it does make sense! Just the mock threw my confidence waaaay off with section c. Hopefully they treat us nicely this year
I hope so too :crossedf:
sam974
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Handmaids tale, kite runner and William Blake for poetry . How about you?
(Original post by *Imy*)
which books are you doing sam974?
*Imy*
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Mariner, Ackroyd and When Will There Be Good News? - what are you most worried about? I can give some tips and stuffs
fran_cesca
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How are you guys feeling about the exam :afraid: ??

And what paper are you doing; Crime or politics and social protest?

I'm trying to tell myself that this will be the last time I will have to revise Lit as motivation :lol:
Hey, I have no idea how I actually feel- maybe I haven't prepared enough. Yikes. Oh and I'm doing Atonement, Ancient Mariner and Roger Ackroyd
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by fran_cesca)
Hey, I have no idea how I actually feel- maybe I haven't prepared enough. Yikes. Oh and I'm doing Atonement, Ancient Mariner and Roger Ackroyd
:hi: same here its come by so quickly :eek3:
:five: same atonement and Roger Ackroyd and selected poems
sam974
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Mostly worried about unseen and section c tbh 😭. I think this thread has helped with the extract q so I feel more confident. Section c questions can be so difficult to create a debate within, hoping for a simple question that can be easily applied to any text
(Original post by *Imy*)
Mariner, Ackroyd and When Will There Be Good News? - what are you most worried about? I can give some tips and stuffs
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Adam Birch what texts are you studying
Mostly worried about unseen and section c tbh 😭. I think this thread has helped with the extract q so I feel more confident. Section c questions can be so difficult to create a debate within, hoping for a simple question that can be easily applied to any text
for section C we have already had:
-guilty punished
-innocent suffer
-significance of place
-justice and injustice
-rarely innocent
-planning and calculation

So i dont know
Adam Birch
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm doing Hamlet, When Will There Be Good News (by Kate Atkinson), and Crime Poetry (Browning and Wilde)

I really wanna just get something on justice or punishment ugh
Adam Birch what texts are you studying

for section C we have already had:
-guilty punished
-innocent suffer
-significance of place
-justice and injustice
-rarely innocent
-planning and calculation

So i dont know
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adam Birch)
I'm doing Hamlet, When Will There Be Good News (by Kate Atkinson), and Crime Poetry (Browning and Wilde)

I really wanna just get something on justice or punishment ugh
Nice I'm doing crime poetry too
idk we have had questions like that, maybe the justice system fails or something
*Imy*
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I totally get you, It's super hard sometimes, especially when both of your texts agree/disagree. But thing is with these texts is that there's always an argument for an against. If worse comes to worst and both agree, there's always a different argument for both texts, so take the notion that both of them agree on and turn it into a hypothesis. e.g. if you're talking about whether there is justice and both of the texts achieve justice, one may be justice to the character not the audience, and the other may be justice to anyone but the character - if you get me? There's always a way around it. Another tip that i used for my paper 1 that worked really well is looking at critics opinion and using their notions to construct your argument, so you don't have to make it yourself so it's like preprepared and it gives you A04 and stuff like that! Don't worry about it you're gonna ace it!
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Imy*)
I totally get you, It's super hard sometimes, especially when both of your texts agree/disagree. But thing is with these texts is that there's always an argument for an against. If worse comes to worst and both agree, there's always a different argument for both texts, so take the notion that both of them agree on and turn it into a hypothesis. e.g. if you're talking about whether there is justice and both of the texts achieve justice, one may be justice to the character not the audience, and the other may be justice to anyone but the character - if you get me? There's always a way around it. Another tip that i used for my paper 1 that worked really well is looking at critics opinion and using their notions to construct your argument, so you don't have to make it yourself so it's like preprepared and it gives you A04 and stuff like that! Don't worry about it you're gonna ace it!
PRSOM agreed
sam974
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You’re amazing , thank you for the advice and help !
(Original post by *Imy*)
*Imy*
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
no problem! Good luck, we got this!!!
You’re amazing , thank you for the advice and help !
BandoBaby29
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Faam you're so lucky. Kite Runner is my favourite book i wanna do my exam on that.
sam974
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeah it’s really easy to talk about in any essay 😂
(Original post by BandoBaby29)
Faam you're so lucky. Kite Runner is my favourite book i wanna do my exam on that.
*Imy*
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How are you feeling about Mariner??
(Original post by fran_cesca)
linguisticcat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How did everybody find this? Please tell me I'm not the only one who found the extract question for Crime horrible...
Evil Homer
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How did it go today guys?
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Janeb120)
How did everybody find this? Please tell me I'm not the only one who found the extract question for Crime horrible...
It was okay
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (198)
19.22%
Labour (438)
42.52%
Liberal Democrats (200)
19.42%
Green Party (54)
5.24%
Brexit Party (27)
2.62%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.39%
SNP (15)
1.46%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.97%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)