lessisbore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hiya im starting my course at the uni of sheffield this september. Since im an international student i wont stay in the uk until then. When do I have to start searching for my place/actually booking it? There are theee possible options: 1. Uni halls 2. Private halls 3. House share and I prefer house share. Thanks for your replies.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by lessisbore)
Hiya im starting my course at the uni of sheffield this september. Since im an international student i wont stay in the uk until then. When do I have to start searching for my place/actually booking it? There are theee possible options: 1. Uni halls 2. Private halls 3. House share and I prefer house share. Thanks for your replies.
Are you an undergrad or postgrad?
You can start when you like, but you are at the disadvantage of not being able to see the place in person.
You may also have the issue that as an international student they will want more money up front to make sure you can pay and turn up.
Be warned if you sign a contract you are bound for the term of the contract or until you find a replacement.

Try online, but if I was unable to find somewhere then I might get here 2-3 weeks before terms starts to view places in person.

You dont say why you want a houseshare, but if I was a fresher I would choose a uni hall for social and making friends reasons.
Student Roost Sheffield
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi,

Great to hear that you're going to be studying in Sheffield in September!

We would always recommend booking as soon as possible to ensure you get the room which you prefer.

As you're an international student and wouldn't be able to view any properties in person before you arrive we could do a video call viewing so that you're able to look around our site before you book a room.

If you're interested in looking around any of our properties, please email us at [email protected] and i can book this is for you.

Sophie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads