The Student Room Group

Predicted A Level Grades

Basically I was just wondering how much Year 12 mock papers get taken into account for your predicted grades for uni. My college has been doing assessment points throughout year 12 so I’m hoping they take those into use and that the mock paper doesn’t matter that much as they don’t seem to stress them to us.

Anyone know how they work? Thanks
Reply 1
most schools that do not do AS and assess at the second year use mocks.
Reply 2
Sorry I’m confused by what u mean by this
It all depends, I got C's and B's in mocks (Politics) during Year 12 but by the end of Year 12 I was consistently producing A grade essays, so my predicted grade became an A on my university applications. It totally depends on your sixth form though, some like mine will look at the whole range and others will solely take your mock grades. This is individual and you will need to ask your head of sixth form :smile:
So my school are using five areas to assess for predicted grades.

Performance throughout the year
Year 12 Exams
Year 12 Exam resits
Summer Work
Year 13 October Exams

My predicted grades are currently ABB - which I have been told are more like attainment grades (which I hope will change to AAB after the resit). I know that different schools have varying levels of leniency and I am aware that I am lucky that I will eventually be predicted A*AA or higher (hopefully) because of the various stages in place.
Reply 5
Original post by darcydavis18
It all depends, I got C's and B's in mocks (Politics) during Year 12 but by the end of Year 12 I was consistently producing A grade essays, so my predicted grade became an A on my university applications. It totally depends on your sixth form though, some like mine will look at the whole range and others will solely take your mock grades. This is individual and you will need to ask your head of sixth form :smile:

Thank you so much. I just haven’t been able to dedicate enough time to my business mock as I’ve had 4 real exams for a different subject so I’m hoping they use my assessments throughout year 12 as-well 🤞🏻

Quick Reply

Latest