JzANonM
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was thinking of retaking year 12, and im just in the middle about the whole thing.
Like on one I hand I want to retake year 12 and do maths chemistry and Sociology, but on the other hand I don't want to retake year 12 after all the work I have done this year.
username3821952
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I stayed on to year 13 but I wish I'd repeated year 12 with different A levels given my situation (I realised I was going to apply for psychology rather than medicine at uni).
JzANonM
Rep:
?
I’m completely in the opposite position 😂 I want to drop psychology and do maths instead, cuz I’m thinking of doing chemistry at Uni. Do u think I should take a gap year instead and pick up maths?
(Original post by Zxr_)
I stayed on to year 13 but I wish I'd repeated year 12 with different A levels given my situation (I realised I was going to apply for psychology rather than medicine at uni).
username3821952
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JzANonM)
I’m completely in the opposite position 😂 I want to drop psychology and do maths instead, cuz I’m thinking of doing chemistry at Uni. Do u think I should take a gap year instead and pick up maths?
Im sorry mate- I can't tell you what to do as you know your situation best.
You should decide what you want to do first and act accordingly. You say you're thinking of chem at uni- but you need to be sure.
JzANonM
Rep:
?
Fair enough
(Original post by Zxr_)
Im sorry mate- I can't tell you what to do as you know your situation best.
You should decide what you want to do first and act accordingly. You say you're thinking of chem at uni- but you need to be sure.
username4339332
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fair enough
When applying for a Chemistry undergraduate degree universities love Maths at A level. It will put you at a big disadvantage when applying as the majority of applicants will have taken it, however you don't necessarily need it. You should base your decision on this fact. My Chemistry teacher has a PhD in Chemistry, and he did Chemistry, Biology and Physics so it definitely is possible without Maths.
chris2791
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i retook the year and it was the best decision i could have chosen i dropped bio and chem for psychology and theatre honestly this year has really made me happy and i love my subjects in fact i believe everything happens for a reason cos im taking psychology at uni
I was thinking of retaking year 12, and im just in the middle about the whole thing.
Like on one I hand I want to retake year 12 and do maths chemistry and Sociology, but on the other hand I don't want to retake year 12 after all the work I have done this year.
confusedwitlife
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im currently in year 13 with the predicted grade of A for geo, B for biology and A for psychology. i want to do psychology for university however my 5 for gcse maths ristrict me from getting into a good uni. i have emailed some uni's and they said that because i have a 5 in maths gcse i may be at a disadvantage compared to other students. alsoi dont have relavent work expirence which puts me in a bigger disadvantage i think.

i am confused if i should resit year 12 so i can resit gcse maths to get a higher grade and it will also allow me to futher improve my predicted grades but is it worth it???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads