Travel to the USA

Watch
Travelunite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can I travel to the USA for 12 days at 17?

Hi, I’m 17 years old and I’m planning to go to America with my friends who are 17-20.
Thomas cook is the airline I’ll most likely be getting on, do I need to have a consent form from my parents to travel to America on the Thomas cook airlines for 12 days? Is there any other issues that’ll arise when I’m there too?
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seems okay if you have responsible friends with you
p201365
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi i f you look on the thomas cook (TUI) website you should find a page that says about the age at which you can travel alone -seeing as you're going with friends over 18 i dont think this will be a problem though ? maybe it would be best to email them directly or call them and ask beforehand as they may need something in writing from your parents . Your friends probs won't be old enough to drink or rent a car ( i think its 21) as they have to had been driving for so long before you can hire one so make sure it;s easy to get to and from places have a look up what buses etc go where nearby !

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/i...-with-children

https://www.tuifly.com/en/service/un...te_kinder.html

hope this helps I'm not an expert on ages but just some things to think about ! have fun !!
(Original post by Travelunite)

Hi, I’m 17 years old and I’m planning to go to America with my friends who are 17-20.
Thomas cook is the airline I’ll most likely be getting on, do I need to have a consent form from my parents to travel to America on the Thomas cook airlines for 12 days? Is there any other issues that’ll arise when I’m there too?
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by p201365)
Hi i f you look on the thomas cook (TUI) website you should find a page that says about the age at which you can travel alone -seeing as you're going with friends over 18 i dont think this will be a problem though ?
The source you linked literally says you can fly alone from 14!

Your friends probs won't be old enough to drink or rent a car ( i think its 21) as they have to had been driving for so long before you can hire one so make sure it;s easy to get to and from places have a look up what buses etc go where nearby !
You can rent a car from 18 but you might find it hard to find a company who does this and it would likely cost more. You're right about the drinking.

Both of these problems go away though if you know someone in-country who can lend you their car and buy alcohol for you!
RobGillespie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can hire a car in the USA at 18 but you must have held your licence for 12 months
pitarsonstiv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Travelunite)

Hi, There is no problem but first you need to know about all USA rules and regulations and no need to be consent form from your parents to travel to America on the Thomas cook airlines. before you going USA you have to pre-plan your all requirements as per you want and be careful your self.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (505)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (622)
41.41%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (306)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.59%

Watched Threads