The Student Room Group

What do u think? Any help will be muchly appreciated...

Now I and my best friend are planning a trip to York (I'll tell you later why York). Like I LOVE planning stuff, I don't know what it is! but I love the excitement of it all. I'm 17 and by the time we would go on that mini-holiday I would be 18 so my parents are happy for me to go on holiday! and also I have a job so I will have loads of money... I hope if I don't spend it hahaha.

Anyway. There's...a slight issue, I was planning this trip to meet my LDR boyfriend cause he lives about 1/2 hours away from York (why I choose York) so I thought it would benefit us both meeting one of the days, and he thinks he would be able to (well I asked him if there's a chance we'll see each other again next year and he said maybe yea, he's just trying to find a time slot) anyway, that's fine just time to see if he will be allowed. Now my best friend...her family do have money but they go on massive holidays (Florida etc.) so most of the money goes to her family holidays so she thinks she won't be allowed to go because of the money...but I mean...she doesn't want to tell her parents till like a month before (her dad is super strict about going places) but I feel like I should get my mum to text hers so it's floating around in her head.

If this doesn't work out... I won't see my boyfriend for another 4 years cause of the navy. So I need this to work out.

Tips, please??? Only reply if u want to help :smile:
I think bring up the idea to the other girls parents now because even if they so no now she'll have a year to try and persuade them and it gives you more chance to plan because they're more likely to say yes than if they said no the month before when you may have paid for things and planned everything.

if she can't go maybe think of going on your own? Maybe for a shorter period to see your bf. One of my friends parents were really against us going abroad on our own (3 girls) initially so like over a year ago but now we've booked a week away and they're even given us ideas because they know how much planning and saving has gone into it and how we'll stay safe
Reply 2
Original post by DiamondArtist
I think bring up the idea to the other girls parents now because even if they so no now she'll have a year to try and persuade them and it gives you more chance to plan because they're more likely to say yes than if they said no the month before when you may have paid for things and planned everything.

if she can't go maybe think of going on your own? Maybe for a shorter period to see your bf. One of my friends parents were really against us going abroad on our own (3 girls) initially so like over a year ago but now we've booked a week away and they're even given us ideas because they know how much planning and saving has gone into it and how we'll stay safe

Thanks for the tip!!! Yeah maybe i like that idea :smile: i really like that idea actually.
I'll definitely take some of these tips on board x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending