Should I accept defeat - pls answer x

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m so stupid I forgot to revise for biology and my exam is tomorrow, I’m in year ten so it’s not as detrimental (when I do GCSEs I will be proper prepared) but now I feel really down about everything. I’m making quick notes and looking st the specification but I don’t think I will do well. Should I just accept that I may potentially fail and be grateful that GCSEs are next year for me and I can improve?
Glorious1677
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you are blessed this is just a school test and not a real life changing exam
so dw
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
You might as well try your best. Although the grade you get might not be as good as the grade you would’ve got, accepting defeat won’t do you any good. Try your best, good luck!!!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
just try for it, what's the harm?
Last_of_us
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Glorious1677 is right. I would say watch youtube videos related to your specification. They're usually short and easier to learn and remember than reading off a book. It is too late but hey, anything could happen. Bless you
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just try you hardest..watch summary videos and do quick practice questions....good luck and tell us how it goes
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
It's not your actual GCSEs, so you can learn from this mistake not to put off revision. Don't accept defeat.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m so stupid I forgot to revise for biology and my exam is tomorrow, I’m in year ten so it’s not as detrimental (when I do GCSEs I will be proper prepared) but now I feel really down about everything. I’m making quick notes and looking st the specification but I don’t think I will do well. Should I just accept that I may potentially fail and be grateful that GCSEs are next year for me and I can improve?
iseesparksfly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's the point in giving up if you could put in a little bit of effort and do well?
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All I can say is Primrose kitten, watch her videos as they are very helpful
Last edited by Greywolf.; 2 years ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Glorious1677)
you are blessed this is just a school test and not a real life changing exam
so dw
Thank you so much this has really calmed me, I guess I will have to try so hard, thank you for replying btw
Anonymous #1
You might as well try your best. Although the grade you get might not be as good as the grade you would’ve got, accepting defeat won’t do you any good. Try your best, good luck!!!
Thank you x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Last_of_us)
Glorious1677 is right. I would say watch youtube videos related to your specification. They're usually short and easier to learn and remember than reading off a book. It is too late but hey, anything could happen. Bless you
I’ll do that and make some notes, thank you x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
Just try you hardest..watch summary videos and do quick practice questions....good luck and tell us how it goes
Yh I’ll watch summary vids and I’ll definitely update and say how it went but don’t expect too much lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
All I can say is Primrose kitten, watch her videos as they are very helpful
I’ve always heard about that lady but never thought she was helpful like that, I thought she was just for advice I’ll check her out
Anonymous #1
(Original post by iseesparksfly)
What's the point in giving up if you could put in a little bit of effort and do well?
I am putting in effort but it’s a lot and I have more than one exam tomorrow
Emrockpurple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try your best. I recommend Primrose Kitten on YouTube. Also remember that no one does incredibly well on their mocks so don't feel too pressured.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Emrockpurple)
Try your best. I recommend Primrose Kitten on YouTube. Also remember that no one does incredibly well on their mocks so don't feel too pressured.
Thanks, it’s not my mocks either it’s just end of years my mocks are next year ahah
iseesparksfly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Then you're trying your best, I'm not trying to say that they will go well because they might not, but if you try your best then you'll have no regrets
I am putting in effort but it’s a lot and I have more than one exam tomorrow
Anonymous #1
Okay, the exam was yesterday but I forgot to update it was okay I’ll just wait til I get my percentage next week lol
hak012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't worry. I once got an E in Y10 Maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (56)
38.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (15)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (6)
4.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (33)
22.45%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
16.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (13)
8.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed