The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths S1 May/June 2019

Scroll to see replies

will our marks be upgraded?
Original post by Christiana24
what did you say about the usefulness for a doctor?

I said that the test was usefull since the probability of having type A was 0.7 so it's more likely the person has typeA
is this for the C12 spec or the new P1 and P2 spec???

Original post by Haider.alix
71-73
I said that it wont be useful as the first line of the question said that the 2 types (A-B) were mutually exclusive so I said that they had nothing in common

Original post by brainmaster
I said that the test was usefull since the probability of having type A was 0.7 so it's more likely the person has typeA
Original post by YHmolten
I said that it wont be useful as the first line of the question said that the 2 types (A-B) were mutually exclusive so I said that they had nothing in common

yap you make more sense
Original post by YHmolten

well even tho they were mutually exclusive, don't you think there's a probability of having no diseases of disease A
Original post by brainmaster

thanks same!
How did you do the random variable M question i hadn't a clue also the venn diagram i hadn't a clue
Original post by Presto
Here's a thread for whoever's giving S1.
Feel free to post your doubts, predictions, any feelings regarding s1 in general and resources if you have any! :smile:
Reply 28
What did everyone get for question 4 I think when the die is rolled 3 times X<2 and all three solutions are diff!??
I got 9/16
(edited 4 years ago)
What question was this broo
Original post by Christiana24
what did you say about the usefulness for a doctor?
Original post by elou99
What did everyone get for question 4 I think when the die is rolled 3 times X<2 and all three solutions are diff!??

I got 9/64
I got for i) 3/12 and ii) 9/12
What did everyone get for the value of M in the normal distribution question?
Reply 34
how did you get that?
Original post by BAC123Hi
I got for i) 3/12 and ii) 9/12
Can’t remember the question too clearly but I can remember doing 3x(3/4) because it asked after 3 rolls and I believe for 3 probabilities and each probability was 1/4.
Original post by annnnna
how did you get that?

^^^ continuing from above, I got 3/4 by adding the probabilities 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4

Anyone got anything different?
Can’t lie it was a pretty difficult paper
It was the most difficult S1 paper I’ve ever done... I’ve done like 20 papers and none of them were as challenging
that's exactly what happens when you solve too many past papers. The fewer papers you solve, the easier the paper gets.
Original post by matty018
It was the most difficult S1 paper I’ve ever done... I’ve done like 20 papers and none of them were as challenging

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending