Crash Higher Graphics? Watch

Human02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I've never done Graphic Communications before, but I was considering going into graphic design if my career plans don't go as well. I'm crashing it this year (sixth year) and tomorrow will be my first lesson. I've done higher art & design, and my dad is a computing teacher, so they let me crash it this year. However, I feel quite unprepared going into a subject I've NEVER done before. What is the course like? Is there anything that is rather hard to grasp? Thanks guys!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
i cAnT tHinK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's a lot of analyzing why certain techniques (line, depth, dominance etc.) were used in DTP (desktop publishing) layouts. There's some work on views, so interpreting a drawing to understand what the model looks like and then doing some stuff with that. You can be asked how you would model on a computer and those questions are usually worth maybe 5 marks depending how hard the object is.
It's not too bad, if you're course is like ours was then you'll be doing 3D modelling on the computers a lot, however it does build a lot on stuff learned from N5 since it's the same general things you need to do but just harder. It's pretty similar to both art and computing so I reckon you'll be fine!
Human02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Ahh okay! The analysis side of it does sound quite similar to art :') The model stuff is something I'm definitely worried about seeing as I have no experience in it, hopefully it won't be too hard to grasp. I'll see how it goes for the remaining few weeks before summer! Hopefully I can look into things I missed from nat 5 to improve my understanding. Thank you sm!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
i cAnT tHinK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The modelling part isn't too bad and it's pretty quick to understand. Mostly problem solving once you learn the commands
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads