The Student Room Group

Want to get a part time job but I don’t think I have any references to use

I am currently in the second year of uni (aged 19) and I was hoping to get a part time job but I don’t think I have any references to use. I’ve never had a job so I have no previous work experience. I have had a couple of supervisors over the couple of years but I’ve only met them a few times and so I doubt they know me well enough to give detailed references. I didn’t know whether I should use a level references because they haven’t seen me in 2 years and I don’t have their contact information. I thought about volunteering but it seems that they require at least 2 references as well. I don’t have any family friends or anything that could provide a reference for me. So I really don’t know who to use - any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by Kel6
I am currently in the second year of uni (aged 19) and I was hoping to get a part time job but I don’t think I have any references to use. I’ve never had a job so I have no previous work experience. I have had a couple of supervisors over the couple of years but I’ve only met them a few times and so I doubt they know me well enough to give detailed references. I didn’t know whether I should use a level references because they haven’t seen me in 2 years and I don’t have their contact information. I thought about volunteering but it seems that they require at least 2 references as well. I don’t have any family friends or anything that could provide a reference for me. So I really don’t know who to use - any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you don't mind working in factory/warehouse environments, try registering with recruitment agencies, such as Stafforce or GI Group.
Original post by Kel6

Thanks

Apply anyway. References are usually only given if they make you an offer. In the mean time, you need to ask your Supervisors/Tutors/Lecturers - whoever you know best. You don't need detailed references for part time jobs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending