WJEC English Language/Literature A Level 2019

Watch
BadLifeChoices12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Does anyone do this course? The Color Purple, pre-1914 poetry, King Lear, The History Boys, Homage to Catalonia and Unscripted and Scripted Speech? If so, how is it going for you?
Gradebaker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I do WJEC English language & literature but the list of texts you mentioned sounds a lot. Is that your AS too? For A2, I’m doing King Lear and Tess of the D’Urbervilles. Exam tomorrow!! How are you feeling?
BadLifeChoices12
Rep:
?
You’re telling me they are a lot🙄🙄 I have been panicking so much about today, King Lear and the History Boys. I do the A Level. I’ve had no sleep so this is going to go well😂 wby?
(Original post by Gradebaker)
I do WJEC English language & literature but the list of texts you mentioned sounds a lot. Is that your AS too? For A2, I’m doing King Lear and Tess of the D’Urbervilles. Exam tomorrow!! How are you feeling?
Gradebaker
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by BadLifeChoices12)
You’re telling me they are a lot🙄🙄 I have been panicking so much about today, King Lear and the History Boys. I do the A Level. I’ve had no sleep so this is going to go well😂 wby?
Yeah I’m super nervous! I’m scared the quotes that I know won’t apply to whatever King Lear essay choices there are. Good luck tho!!
BadLifeChoices12
Rep:
?
How did it go??? I absolutely loved the Lear question!

(Original post by Gradebaker)
Yeah I’m super nervous! I’m scared the quotes that I know won’t apply to whatever King Lear essay choices there are. Good luck tho!!
Gradebaker
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How did it go??? I absolutely loved the Lear question!
I liked the extract but my chaos & disorder essay was ironically pretty chaotic! If they take it as an extended metaphor it could work... did you choose that essay or Edmund??
BadLifeChoices12
Rep:
?
Ooooh that’s weird... because ours was on Power and Authority or Nature??? And the extract was the storm where Lear goes Blow winds etc?
Gradebaker
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ooooh that’s weird... because ours was on Power and Authority or Nature??? And the extract was the storm where Lear goes Blow winds etc?
Is yours Eduqas instead??
BadLifeChoices12
Rep:
?
No, definitely WJEC. What other texts do you do? Or do you do the AS?
Gradebaker
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
No, definitely WJEC. What other texts do you do? Or do you do the AS?
I’m so confused why our questions were different? Lol. No I do WJEC English lang lit, I did my AS last year (pre-1914 poetry anthology, streetcar, in cold blood) and I did the A2 papers this year. My texts are just King Lear and Tess of the D’Urbervilles which is for next Tuesday’s paper. And then obviously coursework is choose your own texts
BadLifeChoices12
Rep:
?
Ah I think you’re lucky... you got to do AS last year so you don’t have to do all of the papers this year which is what we have to do? I still can’t understand why our King Lear questions were different though.
Gradebaker
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ah I think you’re lucky... you got to do AS last year so you don’t have to do all of the papers this year which is what we have to do? I still can’t understand why our King Lear questions were different though.
If you’re doing WJEC I’d have thought you’d have done it the same way though, AS’s are still a thing across Wales. And yeah the King Lear thing is weird...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (55)
60.44%
No (36)
39.56%

Watched Threads