The Student Room Group

Grades

My grades are really low I think I have depression???

Scroll to see replies

Have you spoken to a doctor or psychiatrist? They can diagnose you with things you shouldn’t diagnose yourself that really negatively impacts your mental health. They might give you medication and/or therapy which should help. A symptom of depression is low focus which might be affecting your grades- that can be helped if you talk to someone.
Reply 2
thanks! But I'm confused there might be something wrong with my brain
Original post by Herbie-gem01
Have you spoken to a doctor or psychiatrist? They can diagnose you with things you shouldn’t diagnose yourself that really negatively impacts your mental health. They might give you medication and/or therapy which should help. A symptom of depression is low focus which might be affecting your grades- that can be helped if you talk to someone.
Original post by Rutbata
thanks! But I'm confused there might be something wrong with my brain

I doubt it. Sometimes things like depression can be a result of an imbalance of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, and in these cases you can be prescribed medication such as SSRIs which can help increase your mood. Try not to overthink it- I made that mistake and had an anxiety attack in the doctors office which was quite awkward but doctors are nice people and they’ll do what’s best for you and going to help you most. Don’t blame yourself. Things will be ok soon!
Reply 4
You can see my other post which say how to stop failing, I think need serious help or I'm being exaggerating

I doubt it. Sometimes things like depression can be a result of an imbalance of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, and in these cases you can be prescribed medication such as SSRIs which can help increase your mood. Try not to overthink it- I made that mistake and had an anxiety attack in the doctors office which was quite awkward but doctors are nice people and they’ll do what’s best for you and going to help you most. Don’t blame yourself. Things will be ok soon!
Original post by Rutbata
You can see my other post which say how to stop failing, I think need serious help or I'm being exaggerating

Try talking to someone- you will most likely notice that your grades go up. It’s a hard first step but I know from experience that it’s tough at first and things get better.
Reply 6
Who?
Try talking to someone- you will most likely notice that your grades go up. It’s a hard first step but I know from experience that it’s tough at first and things get better.
Original post by Rutbata
Who?

I first talked to my favourite teacher, then I went to the GP who referred me to therapy. It might also help to talk to your parents.
Reply 8
And what was the result?
I first talked to my favourite teacher, then I went to the GP who referred me to therapy. It might also help to talk to your parents.
Original post by Rutbata
And what was the result?

I’m on the waiting list for proper therapy but at the moment my schools put me with the school counsellor and since I have anxiety they’ve given me a pass to leave lesson if I get to stressed or overwhelmed. There’s not much bad that can come out of talking to people.
Also I talk to my teacher every week and we discuss things like how to revise effectively when I’m stressed and finding techniques that can help me improve at school (mentally and physically)
Reply 10
what year are you in?
I’m on the waiting list for proper therapy but at the moment my schools put me with the school counsellor and since I have anxiety they’ve given me a pass to leave lesson if I get to stressed or overwhelmed. There’s not much bad that can come out of talking to people.
Also I talk to my teacher every week and we discuss things like how to revise effectively when I’m stressed and finding techniques that can help me improve at school (mentally and physically)
Original post by Rutbata
what year are you in?

I’m in y10
Reply 12
maybe from yr 10 i'll be even more serious

I’m in y10
Original post by Rutbata
maybe from yr 10 i'll be even more serious

What year are you in?
Reply 14
I'm in yr 9

What year are you in?
Reply 15
I think I found my weak point........
Procasinating and being lazy that no one can help me!!!:frown:
The thing is I don't have time to go doctors
What year are you in?
Original post by Rutbata
I think I found my weak point........
Procasinating and being lazy that no one can help me!!!:frown:
The thing is I don't have time to go doctors

Have you tried talking to anyone at school?
Reply 17
They would say the same thing " speak to someone u trust"
Have you tried talking to anyone at school?
Original post by Rutbata
They would say the same thing " speak to someone u trust"

Tell them u trust them and that otherwise u might find it harder to be in school and it would benefit u and the people around u coz u can get any support u need. My form tutor ignored me at first (he’s the worst) so I went to my pshe teacher who helped. If they do t help u or at least listen to u then they’re clearly not good people because teachers should all know of at least one person in ur school who will listen and help.
Reply 19
Tell them u trust them and that otherwise u might find it harder to be in school and it would benefit u and the people around u coz u can get any support u need. My form tutor ignored me at first (he’s the worst) so I went to my pshe teacher who helped. If they do t help u or at least listen to u then they’re clearly not good people because teachers should all know of at least one person in ur school who will listen and help.

thnx!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest