Ou r45 religion philosophy and ethics or

Watch this thread
stephen_lumsden
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi

Is anyone doing or planning to do the above course? I was looking into the university of london distance learning B. A but would prefer a process of assessment of assignments and exams rather than just exams, as it is with the Uol where you have to arrange your own tuition also. I am in my 50s, am not doing this for professional reasons
and would like some variation possibly with RS also.
Last edited by stephen_lumsden; 2 years ago
stephen_lumsden
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Bump
wants.philosophy
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by stephen_lumsden)
Bump
Hey Stephen, I don't know if it is relevant but I am seeking to do an undergrad degree in Philosophy as well. IMO the UoL program has a much greater breadth though you may want to find similar courses elsewhere to replace tuition. Coursera has several as well as Oxford, all online. If you are in the UK there are likely local classes you can take too, but I am stranded overseas so I take whatever I can.

Good luck!
stephen_lumsden
Rep:
I did look into the UOL course, but I am not keen on doing a course which is solely dependent on exams. It is supposed to be about the journey after all. For the moment I have decided to do astronomy with UCLAN , and may be get some points from this which may contribute to an OU open degree (which would include physics and philosophy). I did the first year introductory courses for Humanities in the OU about 20 years ago and do not fancy doing them aagain, especially at todays prices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (38)
34.55%
The paper was reasonable (43)
39.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (18)
16.36%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
10%

Watched Threads