Can I get a distinction in BTEC IT Watch

Student540
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have been working hard at getting a distinction in BTEC IT Extended Certificate (equivalent to one alevel). Last year I did a 10 hour database exam (unit 2) and received a merit (19/24 points). I also did a piece of coursework (unit 3) and received a distinction in this.This year I did another piece of coursework (unit 6) and received a distinction. I am to then sit the unit 1 IT exam which is two hour long and was told I need a pass (minimum 15/32 points).My question is how hard is the exam to get a pass in, I have the exam in a few days and I have not opened a book due to my alevel exams. Where should I be focusing my revision for this unit in such a short time?
morningstar461
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I took the Unit 1 exam in January and it wasn't too hard overall (I got a Merit). The main problem I had with it was that some of the content wasn't covered in my lessons or in the course book and some of the questons were fairly abstract. I'd recommend looking at past papers to get an idea of what the exam is like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (336)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1170)
54.47%
Not feeling great about that exam... (465)
21.65%
It was TERRIBLE (177)
8.24%

Watched Threads