Eid is on Wednesday. I have Spanish writing but idk about anyone else
Husna7899
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by aw0905)
We had to do positive and negatives? 😩
it is a how far do u agree question so you should have both for and against points so you can make a judgement, if thats what you're asking?
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Eid is on Tuesday night. Idk why they use such confusing vocab, just say it's Wednesday fgs
(Original post by ANAK2002)
oh but it has just been confirmed on saudi channel that eid is on tuesday
nightloc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
my teacher told me that you only have to say how useful the source is because they’re not going to give you a useless source but everyone is saying they did limitations so yeehaw
ooh i forgot to write about limitations
ANAK2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
maybe youre following something else because eid is tomorrow. some people celebrate it one day later maybe you are one of them?
(Original post by xxlailamalikxx)
Eid is on Tuesday night. Idk why they use such confusing vocab, just say it's Wednesday fgs
aw0905
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
[QUOTE=Husna7899;83651384]it is a how far do u agree question so you should have both for and against points so you can make a judgement, if thats what you're asking?[/QUOTE

Well then I’m ****ed I only did positive
Last edited by aw0905; 4 months ago
IsabelleHedgy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That is such a good answer - I had absolutely no clue lol so I asked about the numbers of stretcher bearers and use RAP and RAMC records to follow it up
i was baffed- i did how long did it take to transport the wounded to regimental aid post
aw0905
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
no for 16 marker u can either just pick one side or you can do agree and disagree
i think its easier to keep a line of reasoning if you just pick one side
Okay thank god I had a mini heart attack for a second cuz I only did positive
ANAK2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yeah you can do that too i did that- its easier to follow a line of reasoning
(Original post by aw0905)
(Original post by Husna7899)
it is a how far do u agree question so you should have both for and against points so you can make a judgement, if thats what you're asking?[/QUOTE

Well then I’m ****ed I only did positive
Username7362675
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Here’s what I did.
For western front:
Q1 4 marker - I did trench foot and lead to swollen and infected feet
- I did do trench fever but copulent remeber the effects of the lice so I draw a line to the bottom. and said PTSD and the psychology impacts, however I purposely left the trench fever there with just an X to the side of it so basically examiners will look at both.

Q2 source A - I said it was useful however it may not be as he’s righting to his family so he may leave out the brutal events of being a stretched bearer
Source b - i said it was slightly useful as it’s a painting for the museum so he may edit it a bit to make them seem more honourable and brave as it’s going into a museum

Q2b - focuses on ‘there was not enough men to carry them’
- I asked ‘why is there a low amount of stretcher bearers?
- I looked at army records to show how many stretchers bearers they’re are in the army
- this helped as it allowed me to see if stretcher bearers found it difficult to do their work due to low amount of people and maybe their work is dangerous and many casualties and that’s why theirs a low amount.

Medicine:

Q3 - I said miasma was Dominant theory in 1700-1800 and in 1850-present that heridatory disease was the cause of illnesses found from DNA structure

Q4 - Use of dissection pioneered by Harvey and Versailles
- syndehams new approach to observing and curing the disease not the person
- printing press and added in royal society a bit. I printing press led to the most improvements
- in the conc I summarises all of this with the change to humanism - scientific reasoning instead of supernatural

Q6 - Publich health act was the first time the government changed from the laissez-fairs attitude and the first time the government got involved in public health. (I was struggling to think of stuff here so kinda waffled I think)

EDIT: I remember now, I didn’t waffle, I put that it led to the national insurance act of 1911 and housing act proving health insurance for workers and 240,000 homes for workers. (I couldn’t remeber any of the other legislation so I just put that but there was more between 1911-1948).

- NHS the biggest reason to support the statement as it provided treatment aswell as lots of research which led to human genome project, however there was a limitation as due to the low wages now paid to doctors, many of the brightest doctors had left

- I then disagreed and said preventing was more important due to the case study of lung cancer and the legislation in place however this didn’t have a major impact due to people still smoking and finding new things like weed which is worse and was counterproductive.

If I messed up at all, then tell me where please
Last edited by Username7362675; 4 months ago
ANAK2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i wrote similar things to you on the whole for 12 marker and 16 marker and trench illness thingy
(Original post by Username7362675)
Here’s what I did.
For western front:
Q1 4 marker - I did trench foot and lead to swollen and infected feet
- I did do trench fever but copulent remeber the effects of the lice so I draw a line to the bottom. and said PTSD and the psychology impacts, however I purposely left the trench fever there with just an X to the side of it so basically examiners will look at both.

Q2 source A - I said it was useful however it may not be as he’s righting to his family so he may leave out the brutal events of being a stretched bearer
Source b - i said it was slightly useful as it’s a painting for the museum so he may edit it a bit to make them seem more honourable and brave as it’s going into a museum

Q2b - focuses on ‘there was not enough men to carry them’
- I asked ‘why is there a low amount of stretcher bearers?
- I looked at army records to show how many stretchers bearers they’re are in the army
- this helped as it allowed me to see if stretcher bearers found it difficult to do their work due to low amount of people and maybe their work is dangerous and many casualties and that’s why theirs a low amount.

Q3 - I said miasma was Dominant theory in 1700-1800 and in 1850-present that heridatory disease was the cause of illnesses found from DNA structure

Q4 - Use of dissection pioneered by Harvey and Versailles
- syndehams new approach to observing and curing the disease not the person
- printing press and added in royal society a bit. I printing press led to the most improvements
- in the conc I summarises all of this with the change to humanism - scientific reasoning instead of supernatural

Q6 - Publich health act was the first time the government changed from the laissez-fairs attitude and the first time the government got involved in public health. (I was struggling to think of stuff here so kinda waffled I think)
- NHS the biggest reason to support the statement as it provided treatment aswell as lots of research which led to human genome project, however there was a limitation as due to the low wages now paid to doctors, many of the brightest doctors had left

- I then disagreed and said preventing was more important due to the case study of lung cancer and the legislation in place however this didn’t have a major impact due to people still smoking and finding new things like weed which is worse and was counterproductive.

If I messed up at all, then tell me where please. And what could I have put for public health act 1875 to agree with the statement bc I couldn’t think of many impacts
emma543
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Georgiax71x)
Did anybody else do question 6?

For agree I said because of the NHS 1948, NHS Act of 1942, referenced the Beveridge Report and the Public Health Act 1875... I’m kinda debating with some people as some people are saying that should be disagree? ph act eradicated cholera, surely that is a government act to improving public health.

For disagree I was waffling, I said because of the recommendation to stop tobacco products advertising in 1962 and smoking in public places being banned in 2007, showing that is not care or treatment but it is a prevention.
Second disagree I said how the government funded Edward Jenner and all the government did was implement their money, not carrying out any actions themselves despite making vaccination compulsory in 1853 however I argued that and tried to manipulate that it was the work of Jenner as opposed to the government. lol
NHS is definitely an agree, but public health act I said is a disagree, because it didn’t cure cholera it just prevented people from actually getting it in the first place. But I feel like perhaps that one can be argued two ways, so hopefully Mark scheme reflects this
Husna7899
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yeah i just wrote that it reduced the amount of diseases people such as cholera, now that i think about it it sound like prevention but im not too worried about that because i rationalised it and added loads of my own info
(Original post by emma543)
NHS is definitely an agree, but public health act I said is a disagree, because it didn’t cure cholera it just prevented people from actually getting it in the first place. But I feel like perhaps that one can be argued two ways, so hopefully Mark scheme reflects this
Username7362675
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Husna7899)
yeah i just wrote that it reduced the amount of diseases people such as cholera, now that i think about it it sound like prevention but im not too worried about that because i rationalised it and added loads of my own info
I think it depends how you argued it, if you talked more about the reduce of diseases then ye it would be prevention, but if you focused more on how they provided care such as appointing a medical officer and now that the government cares more about us now, it can agree.
i could see a lot of people saying both agree and disagree for that, so I don’t see them being harsh on that.
JJ Kirby
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ArunC11)
Diary entries from stretcher bearers
Ah yes of course!
s.stubbs15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For the 4 marker I put miasma but then Pasteur proved it wrong in 1861. Now we believe it's microbes in the air that cause disease and infection. We don't use sponatenous generation. I didn't mention DNA or anything because I ran out of time. Will it still be okay?
Georgiax71x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yeah! I feel like it depends how it was manipulated. I can see how it’s prevention, but surely is applicable to agree because the act provided clean drinking water and the disposal of sewage water. This in itself began the eradication of cholera, thus improving public health of the people. You could probably go as far as saying it was a form of care for the people if your justification was good enough.
ArunC11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Was question 5:
"Medical care and treatment was ineffective in years c1250-c1500, because of the medical knowledge of Galen's ideas"
How far do you agree?

Was it those words??
ANAK2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yeah tho i picked 6
(Original post by ArunC11)
Was question 5:
"Medical care and treatment was ineffective in years c1250-c1500, because of the medical knowledge of Galen's ideas"
How far do you agree?

Was it those words??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads