Are Muslims allowed to meditate? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hey, I’m a Muslim girl and I’m curious.. I wanted to start doing it but then I realised it is highly similar to what other religions do .. just want to know your opinions tbh I feel like I’m doing something wrong by wanting to meditate ...
Tamimur
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You should be allowed but I guess the more "Islamic" thing to do would be to recite the Quran?
username4573738
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Wouldn’t see any reason you can’t...
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
Im a muslim, i mediate time to time, i dont see any harm in it i.. I do feel that it does become harm if start to do it like in a buddhist way saying the mantras. But if you dont do any of that i think your fine.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tamimur)
You should be allowed but I guess the more "Islamic" thing to do would be to recite the Quran?
Sometimes I do recite the Quran but I feel like it’s not the same as the way mediating is by “taking a step back and acknowledging your thoughts” from what I’ve seen on the internet
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
i’m sure it is acceptable
-Quava-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
There are no muslim scholars here im afraid
Maybe try searching it up, or contacting an imam
I can't see anything wrong with it though but i guess with the 'highly similar to what other religions do' its a good point to double check
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I’m a Muslim girl and I’m curious.. I wanted to start doing it but then I realised it is highly similar to what other religions do .. just want to know your opinions tbh I feel like I’m doing something wrong by wanting to meditate ...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by -Quava-)
There are no muslim scholars here im afraid
Maybe try searching it up, or contacting an imam
I can't see anything wrong with it though but i guess with the 'highly similar to what other religions do' its a good point to double check
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads