The Student Room Group

Been violently sick last few weeks, no help from doctors!

Ok so what happened is I have had a cough since Christmas though until a month ago it was more like once a day or so I would get a tickle in throat and find it uncomfortable and that was it gone, for past almost 4 weeks it just came on one day that I was having a constant cough though the first week it didn't bother me much outside of being awkward it was more like having gas.

Then one night I was sitting down and I almost blacked out and started choking and brought up phlem, I was fine after but since then had a dusty feeling throat, after that I also sometimes in middle of night woke up choking and unable to breathe and got some antibiotics from doctor and inhaler, didn't do much in fact it gave me a dry throat. Then last week it changed to a painful cough and choking so badly I have been sick a few times and each time I cough I almost black out, as long as I drink water within a few seconds after a minute or so it goes away and I am normally fine for a few hours or so then it happens again. I also get bad and this way when I go from indoors to outdoors, I went to emergency out of hours and felt like I was being talked down to, the doctor was snappy, made comments about my weight and told me I just have a virus as my chest is fine and its not a problem, well throwing up when coughing multiple times a day is a problem! Anyway since Friday morning its changed a little I still can throw up and almost black out when I cough but the severity has changed a little for the better but I still near black out its just less painful when im choking and feels not as severe the only worst thing is I now get painful ribs and chest when I cough for about 10-30 minutes after.

Just wanted to share but also wanted some feedback or remedies, for past few days have tried a spoonful of honey, I did have cold and flu tablets but ran out today and didn't get to town in time to buy more.

Quick Reply

Latest