PEWWDIEPIE
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The cholera bacterium produces toxins that cause chloride ions to be secreted into the small
intestine.
How does this affect the water potential of blood in the intestinal capillaries and the intestinal
contents?
abiabinash
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it reduces because the water water potential of the place where chloride is less so water moves out by osmosis so water potential reduce
PEWWDIEPIE
Rep:
?
apparently, the marking scheme said that the water potential would increase in the blood, and lowered in the intestine. I got the same answer as you but the marking scheme is so confusing.
(Original post by abiabinash)
it reduces because the water water potential of the place where chloride is less so water moves out by osmosis so water potential reduce
abiabinash
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
chloride is in blood since it is an mineral ion so water moves in to blood from small intestine so water potential increase in blood and reduce in small intestine and are u doing cie or edexcel
PEWWDIEPIE
Rep:
?
thank you, and I do cie
(Original post by abiabinash)
chloride is in blood since it is an mineral ion so water moves in to blood from small intestine so water potential increase in blood and reduce in small intestine and are u doing cie or edexcel
abiabinash
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am doing edexcel
abiabinash
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
where are u from
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (723)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (919)
42.92%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (406)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.34%

Watched Threads