Lauren24109
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hi im thinking of repeating year 12 at a different college.

one of the subjects im taking currently has been a main cause of me developing anxiety issues - it gives me uncontrollable panic attacks and im terrified to even go to college because of it - and although college has given me really good support for anxiety, i cant even comprehend the idea of repeating the subject for another year because i'm not allowed to drop the subject.

i'm just afraid of being looked down on at the new college for being a year 13 age in year 12 classes.

is anyone in a similar boat or have any advice?
moomia
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,
So I’m in year 12 currently . I was in year sixth form then got kicked out and went to college . I know how stressful certain lessons can be especially when you have anxiety issues linked to that lesson, but if you feel as though this other college is giving you a lot of support and will help you get the grades you deserve then you should go for it . There’s no problems with being in the year below . In my college course I have people that are 21 and I’m only 17. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about or worried about .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads