President Donald Trump state visit

Watch
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any opinions? How do you feel about him visiting the Uk? Do you agree or disagree?
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Obama deserved it not Trumper. Unfortunately we have to embrace such leaders for business.

For once hope Phillip insults him, though he's been kdpt hidden so far
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Trump is still blasting British politicians while on his state visit, I am sure the queen is just hosting him out of respect, I can’t imagine the queen really liking someone like Trump
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Obama deserved it not Trumper. Unfortunately we have to embrace such leaders for business.

For once hope Phillip insults him, though he's been kdpt hidden so far
Maybe they'll let him give Trump a lift in his car...
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
Any opinions? How do you feel about him visiting the Uk? Do you agree or disagree?
Trump is a menace and a direct threat to our nations interests. Alas, politics dictates we must be vaguely nice to him. At least he's getting the bare minimum though.
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Trump is also a horrible man
aa-k
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It couldn't be clearer why it's being done. Leaving the EU, a good, free trade deal is needed with the US to account for a possible loss in free trade with the EU. This is just diplomacy.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He's been very polite, professional and diplomatic in his responses and speeches. 🤔
username4540078
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He has dismissed the protests as fake news, instead he claimed saw thousands of people cheering him.

Deluded fantasist or does he believe his idiot supporters will accept his lies? I suspect a bit of both.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
He has dismissed the protests as fake news, instead he claimed saw thousands of people cheering him.

Deluded fantasist or does he believe his idiot supporters will accept his lies? I suspect a bit of both.
To be fair he's not near Trafalgar Sq so he'd not see the protest, People are by Downing St. But he'd be shielded by the Government of sny obvious protests, as was Xi of China and Saudi King was.
Tubbsy_al
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hh
Last edited by Tubbsy_al; 2 months ago
Tubbsy_al
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hh
Last edited by Tubbsy_al; 2 months ago
ColinDent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
To be fair he's not near Trafalgar Sq so he'd not see the protest, People are by Downing St. But he'd be shielded by the Government of sny obvious protests, as was Xi of China and Saudi King was.
There weren't really that many of them around Trafalgar Square either, certainly nothing like the turnout they were expecting.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8942356.html

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...rotest-against
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s good he’s over here, like it or not he is the president of the United States. Respect the office regardless of if you like the holder.
themancrew
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Multiple news networks were live streaming the protests and there was a very very small turnout
themancrew
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)

He is probably right.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Trump is increasingly stale and repetitive. His 'unique' style of bantering, snide put downs, blatant untruths and indifference to the wellbeing of minorities and other people he attacks used to be at least novel - now it's actually very boring.

The turnouts to see him have been pathetically low, there were basically no crowds at all - something that nearly all previous US Presidential visitors have enjoyed.

To paraphrase the man, he is now a loser and a pathetic one.
AECM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Regarding the protests, I think it was disgusting to see a gentleman being abused by a crowd for being a Trump supporter. I’m not a Trump supporter-far from it-but I personally believe that nobody should be treated like that because of their political opinion. Without differing political opinions, politics would cease to exist.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AECM)
Regarding the protests, I think it was disgusting to see a gentleman being abused by a crowd for being a Trump supporter. I’m not a Trump supporter-far from it-but I personally believe that nobody should be treated like that because of their political opinion. Without differing political opinions, politics would cease to exist.
Yes, it's wrong to throw stuff at people you disagree with. However, it's also true that racism and the desire of the US to continue to dominate the world with colonialist and racist attitudes that Trump exemplifies, along with blatant anti-science and the encouragement of violence by the Trump campaigns are dangerous and should be met forcefully. Trump has in the past asked his crowds to attack journalists. Someone who has so little respect for freedom of speech and who prefers the company of insane dictators like the North Korean leader to meeting with decent people in Britain and America is not a normal politician. These are not normal times.
Trapmoneybenny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
To paraphrase the man, he is now a loser and a pathetic one.
The dude is the most powerful man in the western world. You're a keyboard warrior. I don't like him much either but flinging shxt from behind a keyboard is pretty pathetic to me
Trapmoneybenny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's kind of irrelevant as to whether you agree or not. What are you gonna do? sign a change.org petition to deport him? :boring:

You gotta respect the office of the president of the United States especially when he's here to celebrate D-day, people from the US came and died fighting for our skin yunno.

I found the video sadiq khan made about him hilarious, he looked like someone held a gun to his head
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (67)
17.77%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.73%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed