Failed First Year Watch

stefanielevans
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Right, this is a complicated one. When I started college I was on a level 1 BTEC course, they let me skip from level 2 to level 3 for second year, but now i’ve failed first year level 3 and i can’t redo the year or move onto second year. I failed cause I wasn’t at college a lot (due to many reasons outside of college) and now I’m not sure what I can do. I struggle to phone people so getting a job is near impossible. I don’t want an apprenticeship either. I was pretty dead set on doing this BTEC as my career and if I move course I’m going to have to start on level 2 meaning I’ll have to pay for level 3 (which my family can’t afford to do). Completely stuck here any advice or anything will be super helpful, or maybe some suggestions on what i can do. Also the BTEC I was doing was performing arts.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by stefanielevans)
Right, this is a complicated one. When I started college I was on a level 1 BTEC course, they let me skip from level 2 to level 3 for second year, but now i’ve failed first year level 3 and i can’t redo the year or move onto second year. I failed cause I wasn’t at college a lot (due to many reasons outside of college) and now I’m not sure what I can do. I struggle to phone people so getting a job is near impossible. I don’t want an apprenticeship either. I was pretty dead set on doing this BTEC as my career and if I move course I’m going to have to start on level 2 meaning I’ll have to pay for level 3 (which my family can’t afford to do). Completely stuck here any advice or anything will be super helpful, or maybe some suggestions on what i can do. Also the BTEC I was doing was performing arts.
How old will you be in September?
If you werent at college, then for what reason? health, MH, family? Need more info.
Are you considering the same course? Surely if you werent there then it was predictable you were going to fail?
stefanielevans
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
it was MH i knew i was going to fail but due to them skipping me a level i thought i would’ve been allowed to do first year again (as that’s what they told me in a meeting at the start of the year). I’ll be 18 in september and I want to do the same course, but I don’t think I can.
(Original post by 999tigger)
How old will you be in September?
If you werent at college, then for what reason? health, MH, family? Need more info.
Are you considering the same course? Surely if you werent there then it was predictable you were going to fail?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads