MMA-Medic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If anyone is struggling with their chemistry revision, or needs some tips on how to revise, feel free to ask in this thread or pm me (AQA spec only though)

I am an AQA chemistry tutor, and I understand that exams are approaching so I’m offering help to anyone who needs it
dedfghjkl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MMA-Medic)
If anyone is struggling with their chemistry revision, or needs some tips on how to revise, feel free to ask in this thread or pm me (AQA spec only though)

I am an AQA chemistry tutor, and I understand that exams are approaching so I’m offering help to anyone who needs it
can you explain bon harbor process to mea
i always get confused becuase in the formarion so stuff is halved or doubled
MMA-Medic
Rep:
?
(Original post by dedfghjkl)
can you explain bon harbor process to mea
i always get confused becuase in the formarion so stuff is halved or doubled
what part of the born-Haber cycles do you want me to explain? All of it or just a few parts?
dedfghjkl
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the whole thing would be great please
what part of the born-Haber cycles do you want me to explain? All of it or just a few parts?
MMA-Medic
Rep:
?
(Original post by dedfghjkl)
the whole thing would be great please
Sure, I will pm you
hm061
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how about aqua metal ions the inorganic chapter pls
MMA-Medic
Rep:
?
(Original post by hm061)
how about aqua metal ions the inorganic chapter pls
Send me you’re email address, I will send u a document that should help you out slightly
dyfugikholjp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Send me you’re email address, I will send u a document that should help you out slightly
friend i need your help
do you know how to calculate relative molecular mass of this question
Attached files
UnknownError404
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dyfugikholjp)
friend i need your help
do you know how to calculate relative molecular mass of this question
you've been given time and distance so you can use speed=distance/time to calculate speed of the ion.

speed is v
so you now have k.e(given to you) and v(calculated) so use k.e =1/2mv² to calculate mass.

this mass is mass of one ion in kg so you times by 1000 to convert to grams and then you times by avogadros constant to work out mr.

you use avogadros constant because the mass you worked out from the k.e equation is the mass of one ion however mr is the mass of one mole of that atom or ion.
dyfugikholjp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UnknownError404)
you've been given time and distance so you can use speed=distance/time to calculate speed of the ion.

speed is v
so you now have k.e(given to you) and v(calculated) so use k.e =1/2mv² to calculate mass.

this mass is mass of one ion in kg so you times by 1000 to convert to grams and then you times by avogadros constant to work out mr.

you use avogadros constant because the mass you worked out from the k.e equation is the mass of one ion however mr is the mass of one mole of that atom or ion.
[QUOTE=dyfugikholjp]you said reranging =
speed=distance/time to calculate speed of the ion.
so is the distance is 1.50m
and the time is 1.23 x 10-5
so is the speed 1.50/1.23 x 10-5 =121951.2195V
so use k.e =1/2mv² to calculate mass.
help i am confused
dyfugikholjp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
is there anyone that can help me with this question i am really confused
Attached files
MMA-Medic
Rep:
?
yeah this is right. Then once you have worked out mass, you need to multiply it by 1000 because you have been given the mass in Kg in the question and you want g. the mass you have worked out in the KE formula is the mass of one ion, and Mr/avogadros constant = mass of one atom/ion. sou you rearrange this to work out the Mr by multiplying the mass of the single ion with avogadros constant

hope this helps
(Original post by dyfugikholjp;undefined)
you said reranging =
speed=distance/time to calculate speed of the ion.
so is the distance is 1.50m
and the time is 1.23 x 10-5
so is the speed 1.50/1.23 x 10-5 =121951.2195V
so use k.e =1/2mv² to calculate mass.
help i am confused
dyfugikholjp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ho
yeah this is right. Then once you have worked out mass, you need to multiply it by 1000 because you have been given the mass in Kg in the question and you want g. the mass you have worked out in the KE formula is the mass of one ion, and Mr/avogadros constant = mass of one atom/ion. sou you rearrange this to work out the Mr by multiplying the mass of the single ion with avogadros constant

hope this helps
how do i calculate mass
MMA-Medic
Rep:
?
rearrange the KE formula so m = KE/0.5v^2
ho

how do i calculate mass
dyfugikholjp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ok i got that thanks
rearrange the KE formula so m = KE/0.5v^2
dyfugikholjp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
for this question is this the answer the enthalpy of lattice formation for ceasium iodide in table 1 is a value obtained by experiment.the values obtained by calculation using perfect ionic model is -582deduce what these valuse indicate about caesium iodide

close to perfectly ionic as possible - as showcased by the very small difference between the two values. close to perfectly ionic as possible - as showcased by the very small difference between the two values.
MMA-Medic
Rep:
?
yeah so if the experimental value is equal to or close to the theoretical value, then the molecule is perfectly ionic and consists of perfect spheres. If the values are different, then it contains covalent character
for this question is this the answer the enthalpy of lattice formation for ceasium iodide in table 1 is a value obtained by experiment.the values obtained by calculation using perfect ionic model is -582deduce what these valuse indicate about caesium iodide

close to perfectly ionic as possible - as showcased by the very small difference between the two values. close to perfectly ionic as possible - as showcased by the very small difference between the two values.
dyfugikholjp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yeah so if the experimental value is equal to or close to the theoretical value, then the molecule is perfectly ionic and consists of perfect spheres. If the values are different, then it contains covalent character
so i wont get the mark for saying
close to perfectly ionic as possible
MMA-Medic
Rep:
?
with what you're telling me, i think you will, because you are implying that it has no covalent character
so i wont get the mark for saying
close to perfectly ionic as possible
dyfugikholjp
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
and for the question that asks the meaning of the term periodicity can i say trends in element properties with increasing atomic number
and get full marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads