A level AQA Government and Politics Exam Forum

Watch this thread
Monzi6120
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What do people think is coming in US politics Paper 2?

Personally, Paper 1 was really good, except for those 9 markers... oh gosh. I made up some fake pressure group called the British Health Institute instead of saying British Medical Association... Hate my life
Last edited by Monzi6120; 3 years ago
Fd4AL
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I though paper 1 was quite nice, the extract and the 25 markers were not too bad, and of the 3 nine markers i though the pressure groups and minor parties ones were quite good. The 9 marker on the cabinet and PM though, that question was absolutely horrible and i hated it.
No idea what may come up on US paper though so I'm just gonna have to run through everything before thursday.
robert_s06
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fd4AL)
I though paper 1 was quite nice, the extract and the 25 markers were not too bad, and of the 3 nine markers i though the pressure groups and minor parties ones were quite good. The 9 marker on the cabinet and PM though, that question was absolutely horrible and i hated it.
No idea what may come up on US paper though so I'm just gonna have to run through everything before thursday.
I thought the cabinet and PM one was quite good, just talk about resigning (Dominic Raab) , leaks (Gavin Williamson) and open dissent (BoJo)
I found the minor parties 9 marker harder
robert_s06
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Monzi6120)
What do people think is coming in US politics Paper 2?

Personally, Paper 1 was really good, except for those 9 markers... oh gosh. I made up some fake pressure group called the British Health Institute instead of saying British Medical Association... Hate my life
Its the first year of the new spec so its impossible to tell but because of that I think they will follow the trend of easier questions and for the comparative essay I think it will probably be either comparing the PM and President, Parliament and Congress or maybe the Constitutions
Fd4AL
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by robert_s06)
I thought the cabinet and PM one was quite good, just talk about resigning (Dominic Raab) , leaks (Gavin Williamson) and open dissent (BoJo)
I found the minor parties 9 marker harder
Yeah, looking back on it there was stuff I could have talked about but i think I may have scraped 2 or 3 marks in it with what I did. And contrary to you I thought the minor parties stuff was fairly nice, i talked about them trying to bring about major constitutional change (Lim Dems/electoral reform, SNP/Scottish independence), Bringing more fringe topics forward (Greens/environment, UKIP/EU membership (before 2016)), and holding government to account and to their desires (DUP/brexit deal, Lib Dems/AV referendum).
robert_s06
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I mentioned constitutional change (AV referendum) and single topics (EU referendum) but I was stumped for a third one
(Original post by Fd4AL)
Yeah, looking back on it there was stuff I could have talked about but i think I may have scraped 2 or 3 marks in it with what I did. And contrary to you I thought the minor parties stuff was fairly nice, i talked about them trying to bring about major constitutional change (Lim Dems/electoral reform, SNP/Scottish independence), Bringing more fringe topics forward (Greens/environment, UKIP/EU membership (before 2016)), and holding government to account and to their desires (DUP/brexit deal, Lib Dems/AV referendum).
k972
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
hi, my mocks are coming up soon and i was wondering if someone could tell me what questions came up in paper 1?
Devilboy5769
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I have this paper tomorrow for my mocks, believe the Qs are about the role of Pressure groups, cabinet and Minor parties
(Original post by k972)
hi, my mocks are coming up soon and i was wondering if someone could tell me what questions came up in paper 1?
Elleh_______
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What we’re the 25 markers Was one on electoral reform in the uk What was the other
robert_s06
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Elleh_______)
What we’re the 25 markers Was one on electoral reform in the uk What was the other
It was about Parliament vs the executive i think
ShannonD123
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
anyone remember what the questions were for the aqa politics paper 3 2019?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (73)
41.48%
They're exactly what I expected (40)
22.73%